The Azure Storage SDK team is hiring!
The Azure Storage SDK team enables developers around the world to store their data in Azure. We meet our customers where they are by providing client SDKs in many of the world's most popular programming languages. We work in an open-source environment, utilizing GitHub to develop publicly and interact with the community. If you're the type of person that enjoys learning new technologies and implementing features that are in high demand, the Azure Storage SDK team is what you are looking for.
Azure Storage is a critical infrastructure platform at Microsoft, used by developers around the world to store all types of data for internal and external products alike. We operate at hyperscale - billions of objects and exabytes of data in hundreds of clusters across the globe. We spend every month adding new features and improving our platform in order to continue accelerating our exponential growth. The SDK team enables rapid adoption of new offerings while adding further value add features to our customers.
We are looking for engineers who are passionate about building well designed APIs that are easy to use, simple and performant.
* 2+ years experience in GoLang
* Open source experience: you have an active GitHub account and GitHub flow (clone, fork, commit, push, pull requests) issecond nature to you. Alternatively, you may be a regular contributor to a repository that you care about or you are the main contributor of your own.
* Developer platform experience: You have created an API, SDKor complete developer ecosystem. You know what it takes to develop an experience that developers love.
* REST API knowledge: You know the difference between a POST and a PATCH and you have a familiarity with the reasons for HTTP Status codes 409 and 412.
Cloud Background check:
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
* A great software designer, someone who isdisciplined and cares about creating high-quality software.
* Deeply knowledgeable with at least 1 popular programming language (Node.js, PHP, Python, Android, Objective-C/Swift, Go, C++, C, C# or Java). You don't need to know them all, but you're ready to pick up unfamiliar languages!
* Personable and positive: we want people with a high emotional intelligence. You understand people aren't perfect-you have the patience to work through difficult issues on GitHub and with partner team
* Open minded: you are enthusiastic and have an opinion, but aren't opinionated.
Microsoft develops, licenses, and supports software, services, devices, and solutions.