The CSD (COSINE servicing and delivery) team has an exciting opportunity of Software Engineering Manager role leading our Windows Server team. CSD team build systems and services to deliver Updates to every Windows device in the world. Our work is critical for the Windows family of devices (PCs, Phones, and Servers), Surface, Hololens and Azure. Our goal is to deliver Windows as a Service (WaaS) as a competitive advantage for Microsoft and the ecosystem.
The customer's experience with Windows is our primary focus and passion. We believe customer delight is the priority in the success of Windows. You'd be joining a team with a huge opportunity to make an impact at massive scale to keep Windows Server ecosystem secure and productive. In turn keep our enterprise customers loyal to Microsoft Server and Cloud offerings.
Accountabilities include driving the security and reliability update releases for Windows Server servicing business. This includes servicing ownership of many core Windows Server technologies like File Server, Failover Clustering, Hybrid Storage Services, Active Directory and Remote Desktop Roles & services.
* 15+ years of professional software development experience in either C, C++, or C#
* 5+ years of experience leading software engineering teams
Highly valued skills (one or more):
* Experience in Windows Server technologies.
* C/C++ development experience
* Experience with live site support and manage customer escalations.
* Background in one or more of - software security mitigation, windows internals or windows servicing.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
The role requires:
* Demonstrated engineering leadership - e.g. proven experience managing complex engineering projects, debugging live issues in critical customer situations.
* Proven experience managing and growing high performing teams.
* Proven collaboration skills - the role will require deep partnership across the COSINE org and with teams across Microsoft.
* Customer obsession - the role serves internal and external customers.
* A passion for building diverse and inclusive teams.
Microsoft develops, licenses, and supports software, services, devices, and solutions.