Microsoft envisions a world where passionate innovators come to collaborate, envisioning what can be and taking their careers places they simply couldn't anywhere else. This is a world of more possibility, more innovation, more openness, and sky's-the-limit thinking - a cloud-enabled world.
Our mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. This mission is ambitious and at the core of what our customers and employees care deeply about. We have unique capability in harmonizing the needs of both individuals and organizations. We deeply care about taking our ideals and vision global and making a difference in lives and organizations in all corners of the planet.
We are always learning. Insatiably curious. We lean into uncertainty, take risks, and learn quickly from our mistakes. We build on each other's ideas, because we are better together. We stand in awe of what humans dare to achieve and are motivated every day to empower others to do more and achieve more through our technology and innovation. Together we make a difference.
To learn more about Microsoft's mission, please visit: https://careers.microsoft.com/mission-culture
Check out all of our products at: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us
Microsoft aspires to help our customers achieve their own digital transformation, leveraging the power of Microsoft Cloud solutions and services. To this end, Microsoft is investing in a dedicated Customer Success team that will help Microsoft customers successfully adopt Microsoft Cloud solution and services.
We are looking for a highly motivated and passionate Manufacturing Cloud Solution Architect to drive high priority customer initiatives on the Microsoft Azure Platform in collaboration with customers and the Microsoft field in the enterprise accounts segment of our business. This is a customer facing role to drive overall technical strategy in manufacturing.
Experiences Required: Education, Key Experiences, Knowledge and Skills:
* Technical Degree: min of Bachelors in Computer Science or adjacent fields
* Deep understanding of Microsoft Azure platform technologies with the technical aptitude and experience to learn new technologies and understand relevant cloud trends
* Breadth of technical experience and knowledge, with depth in the following areas: IoT, Operational Technology, Security, Networking, Storage, Machine Learning
* 5+ years of success in consultative/complex technical sales and deployment projects (where necessary, managing various stakeholder relationships to get consensus on solution/projects) required
* Proven track record of building deep technical relationships with senior IT executives and growing data services in large or highly strategic accounts
* Proven track record of driving decisions collaboratively, resolving conflicts and ensuring follow through with exceptional verbal and written communication skills
* Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort with both large and small audiences (Senior Executives, IT management and developers)
* Prior work experience in a Consulting/Architecture position within a software and/or services company such as Amazon, Google, SalesForce, VMware, Google, IBM, Avanade, Wipro, CSC, HP, Infosys, ServiceNow, Dell, TCS
* Travel required: 20-50%
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
You will own the manufacturing strategy for technical customer engagements including: architectural design sessions, specific implementation projects, pilots and hackathons. The ideal candidate will have experience in customer-facing roles and success leading deep technical architecture discussions with senior customer executives, Enterprise Architects, IT Management and Developers to drive Azure solutions for manufacturing customers to help them transform their business.
Key responsibilities include:
* Understand customers' overall technology strategy, IT and business priorities and success measures to design implementation architectures and solutions (Microsoft and 3rd party solutions) using Azure
* Apply technical knowledge and customer insights to create a roadmap and architect solutions to meet Manufacturing business and IT/OT needs, ensuring technical viability of new projects and successful deployments, orchestrating key resources and infusing key technologies (e.g. IoT, Security, Management, Storage, Networking, Machine Learning, SAP, BCDR).
* Develop deep relationships with key customer IT/OT decision makers, who drive cloud adoption within their company to enable them to be cloud advocates
* Maintain and advance deep technical skills and knowledge, keeping up to date with market trends and competitive insights, and share within the technical community
* Be a Voice of Customer to share insights and best practices, connect with Engineering team to remove key blockers
* Be an Azure Platform evangelist with customers, partners and external communities
* Assess the Customers' knowledge of Azure platform and overall cloud readiness to support customers through a structured learning plan and ensure its delivery through hackathons and partner engagements
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.