Do you want to lead the way on building and operating global scale cloud services in a data-driven way?
We are at the center of Microsoft Azure, providing a common operational framework for cloud services topology and dependencies. We own the platform and experiences for collecting, storing and exposing the service topology and dependency data in the form of a service called Azure Graph. Azure Graph today is used in many different scenarios including but not restricted to Azure Support, On call engineers, Azure Buildout, Azure Security, Compliance and more.
In the platform side we we deal with truly big data which we ingest from many Azure services, in both streaming and batch mode, connect the local topology together in real time to provide a global view of Azure topology. Core to our mission is collecting the right data on a massive scale, ensuring the quality of data and making it available for consumption through customer desired format and mechanisms. Building out computational logic on a massive scale that processes tons of data will be a routine part of the job. We're looking for someone who can think outside the box, harness the huge amount and variety of data and come up with innovative ideas for solutions and actionable insights.
* An undergraduate degree in computer science, engineering or eight years of software industry experience.
* 6+ years software development experience
* Design and development experience in C#, C++ and/or Java.
* Development and design background in multi-tiered distributed services.
* Good understanding of efficient data structures, algorithms, asynchronous programming and high performance data processing.
* Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
In this role you will:
* Design the backend for Azure Graph.
* Develop near real-time and batch data pipelines using big data technologies like Spark, Hadoop and ElasticSearch that scale to petabytes of data and thousands of datasets
* Leverage data science and ML to extract actionable insights from live and historical service data.
* Collaborate with multiple Azure cloud services and technology teams to both ingest the data and help meet end customer scenarios.
* Provide leadership in component and feature design, coding, engineering processes, and setting the product vision
* Lead a team of world class engineers to achieve and drive the mission of Azure Graph
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.