In CSEO, our vision is to re-invent how we operate and radically improve the experience of our customers, partners and employees to accelerate growth for Microsoft. We believe that change starts from within, and so are leading the company's Digital Transformation journey.
Digital Transformation is fundamentally about using technology to radically advance performance of internal processes and innovation in customer experiences. With a clear focus on customers and their journey, organizations can align their externally facing experiences with the parts that customers do not see - the internal operations and technology infrastructure - because these elements often make or break the external facing experiences.
CSEO Studio is a vibrant community of talented and passionate people that are customer-obsessed with diverse expertise in Design, UX Research, Accessibility and Program Management. Yet, we share some core values around curiosity, humility, persistence, and creativity.
This Principal Designer position requires a strong and experienced product design person with knowledge in the Finance space. This person is well versed in the product development cycle, has a solid user centered and product design process, and has a diverse and extensive portfolio of work from large scale products to incubation products. This person is creative in their problem-solving solutions, can articulate a strong design point-of-view, and inspire a team of designers with deep and diverse design skills. Most importantly this person will be a driver of change, open to new possibilities, impact oriented, and a great culture fit.
* 15+ years in Product Design
* Evidence of designing information graphics and data visualizations of forms and other related areas that are similar or relevant to the area of Finance
* Evidence leading an impactful group of product designers focused on end-to-end experience
* Presentation of a strong design portfolio (depth and breadth of interaction and visual)
* Ability to quickly produce elegant and easily understood diagrams, wireframes, concept maps, prototypes, interaction guidelines and other related artifacts for a strong interaction point-of-view
* Deep expertise of fundamental visual design disciplines (typography, iconography, composition, color, layout, etc.) and creation of a variety of visual mood boards, storyboards, creative briefs, and motion and visual guidelines
* Experience shipping innovative and complex mobile, web or software products within milestone deadlines
* Demonstrable ability to work with program management, engineering and research
* Bachelor's/Master's degree in product design, HCI, interaction design, industrial design, communication design, architecture or equivalent experience
* Strong design capabilities, including composition, layout information hierarchy, typography, color, animation, motion or industrial design.
* Proven experience and solid working knowledge of information architecture, storytelling, storyboarding, wire framing, creating design specifications and guidelines.
* Ability to create and assess design solutions based on user goals and key scenarios.
* Attention to detail, problem solving, creative, and communication skills.
* Demonstrated ability to work effectively cross functionally with other teams (Engineering, Research, Program Management & Marketing)
* Innate curiosity, data driven, and ability to self-start in an ambiguous and rapidly changing startup-like environment; growth mindset
* Self-motivated, directed, and independent
* Have a passion for quality, innovation, and world-class design.
* Offer active thought leadership in User Experience issues and trends.
* Ability to work through ambiguity and multiple priorities
* Rapidly iterate, creating multiple design solutions
A portfolio demonstrating breadth and creativity and proven experience in telling stories, building UI models, generating detailed wire frames, developing prototypes and delivering comprehensive specifications. Please indicate your specific roles and contributions for each project submitted as part of the portfolio.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Role and Responsibilities:
* Lead a large project in the area of Finance
* Develop and execute on a cohesive end-to-end design plan
* Ensure that all UX Design activities are executed at high levels
* Create and oversee scenarios, process flows, information architecture diagrams, wireframes, prototypes, UI pattern libraries, interaction guidelines and other artifacts required to develop and evolve designs for a set of products, tools and services
* Work closely with multiple disciplines (especially research and engineering) on aligned goals
* Communicate and execute strategic product/service design direction to top level leaders
* Demonstrate design concepts and strategy through prototyping
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.