XBOX Live is looking for Software Engineers who are passionate about game technology and the developer platform. Engineers in this group help build software for the developer community and light up Xbox Live experiences for a whole new population of gamers. This is your chance to bring gaming scenarios to life on devices that nearly everyone has, while adding huge value to the Xbox business.
Our team builds a gaming SDK and associated experiences that run across all platforms that Xbox Live reaches. Experience with native development is a plus and the breadth of our reach represents an opportunity to work across many technology stacks. Your success in this area requires phenomenal communication and teamwork as new features depend on coordination across internal and external teams coming from service, client, and gaming groups.
Xbox Live is an extraordinary place to work for anyone with a real passion for addressing the needs of our current and future gaming fans. It is a place where we recognize that we are better when we work together, and better still when we lift and grow one another. We are made stronger by our array of dynamic perspectives and ideas...and we have fun, a lot of fun. You should join us.
* 1+ year(s) of industry software development and design experience, coding in C++
* Professional work experience building developer-facing APIs or client-side code
* BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent preferred
* Understanding of service monitoring and operations
* Awareness of mobile-specific technical and design considerations
* Ability, desire, and dedication to pick up new platforms or technologies
* A strong performance history
By applying to this position, you are being considered for multiple like positions within our organization for an invitation-only Interview Day at our Redmond campus on Friday, August 9th, 2019. Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
* Have genuine passion for gaming or gaming related technologies and experiences
* Produce sensible, simple, and high quality software for infrastructure that interacts with modern services
* Demonstrate exceptional empathy for the software developer customer in both communication and in the software that you produce
* Work effectively across teams to address problems and collaboratively arrive at solutions
* Perform and thrive in an environment where your work can change rapidly in response to customer feedback and data
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.