Raytheon is searching for a software engineer who will support our program's design and development teams for our DHS customer. The Prin. Software Engineer develops, maintains, and enhances complex and diverse software systems (e.g., processing-intensive analytics, novel algorithm development, manipulation of extremely large data sets, real-time systems, and business management information systems) based upon documented requirements. These projects are focused on cybersecurity, data analytics, big data and information sharing.
* Lead software development teams and projects;
* Coordinate with management, stakeholders and customers with sprint activities;
* Mentor and train junior engineers;
* Design and develop new software;
* Maintain existing software and resolves software problem reports;
* Modify existing software to add new features;
* Perform individually and as part of an agile team;
* Utilize software development and software design methodologies appropriate to the development environment and in compliance with customer and industry lifecycle development approaches;
* Develop, execute and document software testing, including test cases;
* Perform software requirement analysis, derivation and allocation;
* Provide input to the software components of system design to include hardware/software trade-offs, software reuse, application security, and use of Commercial Off-the-shelf (COTS)/Government Off-the-shelf (GOTS) in place of new development;
* Provide input to hardware (COTS/GOTS/capacity/etc.) recommendations;
* Prepare software documentation, including user guides;
* Lead scrums, sprint planning and demos.
* Must have a Top Secret Clearance with SCI Eligibility (SSBI within the last 5 years)
* U.S. Citizenship required
* Demonstrated experience and/or familiarity with one of more of the following: web servers/application servers (JBoss, Apache, TomCat, etc.), messaging systems/streaming systems / data flow (Apache ActiveMQ, Kafka, Camel, NIFI, etc.)
* Web services/APIs/Search: RESTful services and SOAP, Solr, Elasticsearch, etc.
* Demonstrated experience and/or familiarity with one of more of the following: SQL, PL/SQL, T-SQL scripts and procedures, Oracle, MySQL, JBDC, etc.
* Demonstrated experience and/or familiarity with ETL process
* Demonstrated experience and/or familiarity with big data/Hadoop ecosystem (HDFS, Hive, etc.) and NoSQL data stores (MongoDB, HBase, graph database, etc.)
* Windows, Linux and VMWare
* Experience with Agile development methodology
* Experience with software configuration management and control tools (e.g., git, CVS, Eclipse, ClearCase, etc.)
* Experience with automated testing tools (e.g., RSpec, Cucumber, etc.)
* Possess great communication skills, both oral and written
* Must work well in an agile team environment as well as independently
* Must exhibit good time management skills, independent decision making capability and customer service
* Ability to work with peers, management and stakeholders to successfully meet our customer's mission
* Experience data engineering support to DHS, DOD or intelligence customers
* Trained in Six Sigma methodology
* ITIL knowledge and certification
* NoSQL data storages (MongoDB, HBase, graph database, etc.) is a huge plus
* Apache Hadoop ecosystem (HDFS, Hive, etc.)
* Java and Python programming
* Windows, RHEL and VMWare
* DODI 8570.1 Compliance at IAT Level II certification (GSEC, CompTIA Security+, SCNP or SSCP)
* DODI 8570.1 Compliance at IAT Level III certification (CISA, GSE, SCNA, CISSP (or Associate) or GCIH)
* HDPCD: HDP Certified Developer (or equivalent)
* HDPCD-Spark: HDP Certified Apache Spark Developer (or equivalent)
* HDPCA: HDP Certified Administrator (or equivalent)
* HCA: Hortonworks Certified Associate (or equivalent)
* CSSLP: Certified Secure Software Lifecycle Professional (or equivalent)
* SP: SAFe Practitioner (or equivalent)
* AWS Certification (Functional, Associate and Professional)
* RedHat Certification (OpenShift and Ansible)
Required Education (including Major):Requires a degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) and minimum of 8 years of prior relevant experience, or equivalent experience.
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
DOMinoIIS 123144 Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated $6.1 billion in 2017 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Top Secret - Current
Type Of Job
VA - Dulles
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.