How do you protect against those with bad intentions? You create innovative technical processing solutions and collaborate with some of the finest talent in the IT field. Whether you're an Information Systems Technologist or an Encryption Strategy Expert, at Raytheon you'll grow a varied and rewarding career. And you'll be supported with a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that promotes work/life balance. If you're ready to take on today's big challenges, discover a world of opportunity at Raytheon.
* America's Best Large Employers by Forbes
* Career & Development Opportunities
* Entry, Mid, Senior
Back to Job Navigation (Overview)
Raytheon Global Business Services (GBS) IT FAS (Foundation Application Services) is looking for dynamic software developers and engineering tool experts to support PTC Windchill and Mentor Graphics Xpedition Data Management suites. This is a fantastic entry-level career opportunity to get hands-on experience developing and deploying software builds to production, perform testing / QA on the systems, and root cause issues spanning multiple disciplines (Networking, Infrastructure, Database, Software, System Performance, etc) using the cutting edge Agile SAFe methodology and DevOps practices.
Job Location: Billerica, MA
Bachelor's Degree and Minimum 2+ years of progressive relevant experience:
Object oriented software development (such as Java, HTML, Java Script, XML, XSL, DOM, SOAP, JSON, REST)
* Windows and Linux system administration (such as OS shell scripting, automation with Ant/Jenkins
* Working knowledge of relational databases (SQL, PL/SQL)
* Works effectively in a fast-paced environment
* Creative and effective problem-solver with strong analytical and organizational skills
* Understanding and application of software development estimating techniques
* Excellent communication skills
* Ability to travel occasionally (up to 10 or 15% of the year)
* Works well with both in-person and virtual teams and is a self-starter
* This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Except in rare circumstances, only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization
* Hands on experience:
* Supporting a multi-tiered, highly integrated enterprise application
* Administering and root causing issues with PTC's Windchill and Creo products
* Administering and root causing issues with Mentor Graphics xDM products
* Using Oracle or SQL Server relational database
* With system monitoring tools such as Dyanatrac
* Using performance testing tools such as Grinder, JMeter, and Load Runner
* Developing advanced Java web-based solutions
* With basic networking technologies and cloud/AWS technologies
* Understanding of DevOps concepts and tools
* Understanding of Agile SAFe concepts and methods
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Technology, Mathematics or related discipline 141402
Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Company, with 2017 sales of $25 billion and 64,000 employees, is a technology and innovation leader specializing in defense, civil government and cybersecurity solutions. With a history of innovation spanning 96 years, Raytheon provides state-of-the-art electronics, mission systems integration, C5I(TM) products and services, sensing, effects, and mission support for customers in more than 80 countries. Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Mass. Visit us at www.raytheon.com and follow us on Twitter @Raytheon.
None / Not Required
Computer/Management Information Systems
Type Of Job
MA - Billerica
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.