How do you protect against those with bad intentions? You create innovative technical processing solutions and collaborate with some of the finest talent in the IT field. Whether you're an Information Systems Technologist or an Encryption Strategy Expert, at Raytheon you'll grow a varied and rewarding career. And you'll be supported with a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that promotes work/life balance. If you're ready to take on today's big challenges, discover a world of opportunity at Raytheon.
* America's Best Large Employers by Forbes
* Career & Development Opportunities
* Entry, Mid, Senior
Back to Job Navigation (Overview)
Would you like to work in a collaborative environment at a state of the art facility in Texas? Then join our Raytheon team of engineers solving problems that make the world a safer place and help to secure our great nation! Come support those who provide us with all the freedoms we enjoy.
Our Cityline facility in Richardson, TX has been open for 2 years and has many amenities that create work and life balance. On site we have a 24/7 fitness facility, health center, massage therapist, relaxation rooms, cafeteria, learning center, collaboration rooms, fun space that includes foosball and pool tables, and dynamic break areas for easy conversation and socialization. Additionally, employee appreciation lunches, special events (Popcorn Thursdays, bonus opportunities), and great benefits that include: medical, dental, vision, 401K match, and flexible work schedules are just a few of the reasons people come to work at Cityline. Plus there are lots of trendy area restaurants and shopping within blocks of the site along with shuttle service to help you get there!
If you have technical knowledge in software engineering and system development (DevOps, Cloud, or Cybersecurity) and the desire to learn and grow in a company with over 60,000 global employees, Raytheon is worth the time to explore.
Raytheon is a technology and innovation leader specializing in defense, security and civil markets throughout the world. Our latest company video is about our people, our technology, our vision, and the values we hold dear at Raytheon. Click here to view: https://youtu.be/qvbCgKpkEds
We are seeking a talented System Engineer/Solution Architect at our Cityline/Richardson, TX location. The Application Development Solution Architect serves as the primary technical liaison between the GEOINT processing framework and third party Application Developers in order to transform application processing needs into effective and efficient, framework-integrated mission capability. The Solution Architect must understand the application development concept of operations; the processing framework architecture its services and APIs; the application development program requirements and objectives, and the government customer's development and readiness processes necessary to integrate applications into the mission baseline.
In order to satisfy the goals and responsibilities of the Solution Architect, the qualified candidate must demonstrate an ability to perform an extensive range of complex technical and procedural tasks, including but not limited to:
* Analyzing application requirements, interfaces and capabilities while developing effective and efficient approaches and uses of framework-provided services, operating environments and interfaces
* Coordinating and collaborating with App Developer and Framework Developer/Administrator technical subject-matter experts in Software Engineering, Systems Engineering, Information Technology/Platform Engineering, Security Engineering, DevOps, Integration and Test Engineering
* Coordinating, negotiating and monitoring schedules and dependencies (givers-receivers)
* Working to align framework services and resources with the App Developer needs and a variety of other stakeholders
* Briefing and participation in technical discussions ranging from routine tag-ups and telecoms, working groups, to formal development milestone reviews
* Establishing and maintaining Service Level Agreements with APP Developers that specify the business and technical service levels for the services and capabilities used by the APPs and the APP Developers, as well as conveying the APP Developer's responsibilities necessary to facilitate effective integration of the APP with the framework
* Identifying, assessing, and managing risks and opportunities associated with the integration of the applications with the framework and being the driving force in the mitigation of those risks and the realization of those opportunities
Must be a U.S. CITIZEN with an active Top Secret/Sensitive Compartmented Information (TS/SCI) and the ability to obtain a CI Polygraph
Hires with an Active TS/SCI or higher clearance are eligible for sign-on bonuses of "up to" $40,000.00
Requires the aptitude to:
* Apply advanced technical principles, theories, and concepts in Systems Engineering or Software Architecture
* Full knowledge of other related disciplines
* Develop technical solutions to unusually complex technical problems and provide solutions which are highly innovative and ingenious
* Work without appreciable direction
* Exercise considerable latitude in determining technical objectives of assignment
* Develop advanced technological ideas and guide their development into a final product
* Serves as organization spokesperson on advanced projects and/or programs
* Act as advisor to management and customers on advanced technical research studies and applications
* Demonstrated experience in systems engineering, software engineering, platform engineering, cyber security, or related engineering discipline
* Knowledge of/or experience with Systems Engineering or Software Architecture technical standards, principles, theories, concepts and techniques
* System Engineering or Software Architecture experience on a large government software development contract
* Knowledge of software development lifecycle models (Waterfall and Agile) and program lifecycle modes
* Knowledge of at least four of the following systems engineering functions:
* requirements development and management,
* system design
* interface definition and control
* integration and test
* In-depth understanding of the following:
* AWS Cloud Services
* Multi-tenant cloud-based ISP/ASP architectures
* Service-based frameworks for third party application development
* GEOINT processing systems, capabilities, formats and standards
* Excellent written and oral communication skills
* Experience with Microsoft Office suite of tools, particularly Excel, Project, and PowerPoint
* Willing to work overtime and weekends as required to achieve milestones
Desired Skills and Certifications:
* Broad, multi-discipline engineering skills with the ability to work across disciplines at a variety of technical levels with external Customers, program development staff and leadership, and Third-Party Application Developers
* Experience in integration, and/or verification and validation
* Experience developing DoDAF / MoDAF architecture artifacts using System Architect/Rhapsody/MagicDraw or equivalent
* Experience in CONOPS / OPSCON development, especially in workflow related area to this domain
* Experience analyzing and decomposing requirements using DOORS
* Ability to the identify, manage, and mitigate technical risk
* Working knowledge of ICD 503
* Qualified Raytheon Six Sigma Specialist or equivalent
6 years of experience with a BS in Science, Technology, Engineering or Math; 4 years of experience with a MS in Science, Technology, Engineering or Math
Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation and training solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated $6.2 billion in 2018 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
TS/SCI - Current
Computer/Management Information Systems
Integration & Test Engineering
Type Of Job
TX - Richardson
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.