The Protected Communication Systems Department is involved all aspects of Systems Engineering across the program lifecycle of Protected Communication Systems programs within the Integrated Communications System (ICS) Mission Area. The systems engineering includes architecture development, CONOPS development, trade studies, modeling and simulation, systems/software/hardware requirements analysis, as well as integration, validation and verification. The Department supports a variety of communications systems including SATCOM (including AEHF, EHF, X-Band, Ka-Band, Ku-Band, C-Band, PTW), line of sight, and networking for ground based, ship, submarine, and airborne platforms.
We are currently seeking an experienced Systems Engineer to join our dynamic, diverse, and rapidly growing team. The Systems Engineer is responsible for conducting trade studies, modeling and simulation, and generating / analyzing requirements.
* Minimum 4 years (2 years with Masters Degree) of experience in Systems, Software or Hardware engineering.
* Direct experience with requirements development, analysis, verification and validation
* Ability to work within a structured process environment including a task oriented, value based management system
* Technical experience with SATCOM, LOS/BLOS, and networking for ground based, ship, submarine, and airborne platforms
* Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, and presentation) and be able to communicate effectively
* This position requires a U.S. person or the ability to obtain an Export Authorization from the appropriate government agency for non-U.S. persons
* U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment
* Active Secret or Secret clearance
* Working knowledge of Earned Value Management System (EVMS), Microsoft Project, engineering tools (e.g., DOORS) and peer review products
A Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Physics, Mathematics or related field; advanced degree(s) in similar majors is highly desired
A Master's degree in Engineering, Physics, Mathematics or related field; advanced degree(s) in similar majors is highly desired
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems
140963 Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter.
Secret - Current
Integration & Test Engineering
Type Of Job
MA - Marlborough
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a technology company, which specializes in defense and other government markets.