Rally Health is all about putting health in the hands of the individual. It's our mission, and it drives everything we do, which is to empower people with easy-to-use online and mobile tools that help them take charge of their health and health care, from improving their diet and fitness to selecting health benefits, and choosing the right doctor at the right price for their needs.
We are a startup like organization that is agile, motivated and backed by UnitedHealth Group, a Fortune 10 company with 2018 annual revenue of more than $200 billion. We have engineering offices in San Francisco, Washington DC, Chicago and Minneapolis. We build products that provide end to end support for living healthy -- from proactive stay healthy solutions to get healthy again.
Our culture is built on a deep and sincere dedication to helping people live healthier lives. To do this, we are committed to innovating continuously at every level. We know that some of the things we do are not going to work, and that's okay. We're not trying to build something that is churn and burn. We're building something that supports people over their lifetime. As Rally Health founder and CEO Grant Verstandig says, "We get to do amazing work every day that directly impacts the lives of millions of people for the better."
Rally Engineering is modern, in public cloud (AWS), microservices based large distributed system and is quality driven. Our stack consists of Scala, Play, Akka, MongoDB, PostgreSQL, Docker, Mesos, Marathon, Jenkins, Kafka, Spark, HDFS, Avro, Airflow and Redshift to name a few. We believe in continuously evaluating our tech stack, have an easy process of suggesting and adopting new technologies. Our engineers enjoy being empowered and accountable.
* You will architect, build and ship highly scalable systems, libraries, and frameworks
* You will write backend code using primarily Scala
* You will contribute to frontend code stack in React
* You have a strong background in Scala/Java or another compiled language, along with expert-level design & development
* You have exposure to or strong interest in learning Scala, or exposure to other functional programming languages
* You have strong unit testing experience (prefer Scalatest/Spec2/ScalaCheck)
* You have commercial experience with distributed, high-performance systems.
* Database and caching experience, SQL and NoSQL (Postgres, Elasticsearch or MongoDB a plus).
* Experience with cloud based services and hosting (AWS EC2, etc.)
* You have experience integrating with third party APIs, and the ability to understand them in various formats
* Experience developing APIs and web microservices
* If you are involved with open source projects, that's a plus
* You are comfortable with Git
* 7+ years of real industry experience
* B.S. degree or the equivalent practical experience
Why join Rally? On top of an innovative work atmosphere and a chance to help people change their lives, we offer competitive pay, daily catered lunches, and an extensive benefits package for all full-time employees (including medical, dental, vision and 401(k)). In addition, offer the ability to grow, while truly making an impact in the healthcare system.
Rally Health is committed to ensuring that its workforce reflects America's diverse population. Rally Health knows that such diversity will enrich us with the talent, energy, perspective and inspiration it needs to achieve its mission. Rally Health believes in a policy of equal employment and opportunity for all people based on merit and commitment to the principles of diversity. It is our policy to recruit, hire, train, and promote individuals in all job titles, and administer all programs, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, sex, age, marital status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, family responsibilities, genetic information, disability, matriculation, political affiliation, veteran status, union affiliation, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply. Applicants who require an accommodation related to the application and/or review process should notify Talent Acquisition (email@example.com).
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
About Rally Health
Rally Health is a consumer-centric digital health company that helps individuals to take care of their health and collaborates with health plans, care providers, and employers to engage consumers.