At Nuance, we empower people with the ability to seamlessly interact with their connected devices and the digital world around them. We are creating a world where technology thinks and acts the way people do by designing the most human, natural, and intuitive ways of interacting with technology. Our nimble technology uses analytics and advanced algorithms to transform the inanimate into animate and reduce complicated processes into simple ones.
Join our Automotive team…intelligent systems now ready for the road. We are passionate about developing intelligent interfaces that enable people to talk to their cars, phones, devices, and other smart "things".
At Nuance Automotive, we're futurists, re-imagining what's possible at the intersection of humans, mobility and machines - then making it happen. If you're ready to be a part of building and delivering the ultimate, future-ready mobility experience that is miles ahead of the competition, you should join us. Building on our deep expertise and unparalleled innovation, we are accelerating the pace of change and transforming the in-car cockpit. We've reimagined and redefined the mobility experience, creating a new standard that goes beyond driving to a connected and informed world. Today, we're shrinking the gap between the driver and the automobile, transforming the machine into a natural extension of the human inside.
While we're busy building the next generation of the in-car user experience, we're also focused on the next step: spinning off from Nuance into a new, independent, publicly traded company that will be solely focused on the growing mobility assistant market and its adjacent opportunities - autonomous cars, smart cities, enhanced shared mobility, and more - that are on the horizon. Our new company will be a fast-moving, innovative organization that will use our 20-year history as a springboard to the next level. There's never been a more exciting time to join Nuance Automotive.
Summary:A Principal Software Development Engineer with the Multimodal Team possesses a high level of experience in successfully developing applications. You will be a developer with strong design and implementation, domain modeling and front end UI skills. You are experienced in Object Oriented Design and Methodology and possess strong programming and communication skills. You will participate in the design, development and testing of our software. You will also participate in all aspects of the software development lifecycle. Responsibilities will include performing product design activities that may require extensive research and analysis.
Essential Functions/Job Requirements
* Design product features; create high-level as well as detailed design documents
* Implement new product features in the appropriate technology
* Enhance and maintain existing product capabilities
* Create design and application documents
* Develop and code key parts of the program
* Present technology to customers and partners
* Assist in the creation and continuous improvement of the development process
Minimum Required Education/Experience
* Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field
* Evidence of continued/continuing education in new technologies, product development tools and processes.
* 10+ Years of current software development experience using C++
* Experience with designing and developing data intensive applications; designing, developing and debugging multi-threaded applications
* Solid understanding of object oriented methodologies, software development life cycle, UI design and best practices
* Experience using version control and defect tracking systems.
* Independently able to design and develop software components
* Strong problem solving, analytical, troubleshooting and communication (written and verbal) skills
* Willingness and ability to meet tight deadlines when necessary
* Excellent team player, creative, self-motivated, has a positive attitude and a strong desire for continued personal growth.
* Self-motivated hands-on approach with a keen attention to detail
* Willingness and ability to meet tight deadlines when necessary
Preferred Education/Experience or Additional Eligibility Qualifications
* Experience with voice applications a plus
* Experience with multimodal input (eye gaze, gesture, etc)
* Experience with Android, Linux and ARM devices
* Experience working with SQL and NoSQL databases
* Experience working with Data Intensive Applications
* Problem solving-the individual identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner and gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
* Interpersonal Skills-the individual treats others with respect, remains open to the ideas of others and exhibits willingness to try new things.
* Oral communication-the individual speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, demonstrates group presentation skills and conducts meetings.
* Written Communication-the individual edits work for spelling and grammar, presents numerical data effectively and is able to read and interpret written information.
* Adaptability-the individual adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
* Dependability-the individual is consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve performance.
* Safety and security-the individual actively promotes and personally observes safety and security procedures, and uses equipment and materials properly.
* Ethical conduct - the individual adheres to strict confidentiality and ethical business practices.
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance Communication Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is available here. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5086 - Human Resources Department and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Nuance is a multinational computer software technology company, providing speech and imaging applications.