At Nuance, we empower people with the ability to seamlessly interact with their connected devices and the digital world around them. We are creating a world where technology thinks and acts the way people do by designing the most human, natural, and intuitive ways of interacting with technology. Our nimble technology uses analytics and advanced algorithms to transform the inanimate into animate and reduce complicated processes into simple ones.
Join our Automotive team…intelligent systems now ready for the road. We are passionate about developing intelligent interfaces that enable people to talk to their cars, phones, devices, and other smart "things".
At Nuance Automotive, we're futurists, re-imagining what's possible at the intersection of humans, mobility and machines - then making it happen. If you're ready to be a part of building and delivering the ultimate, future-ready mobility experience that is miles ahead of the competition, you should join us. Building on our deep expertise and unparalleled innovation, we are accelerating the pace of change and transforming the in-car cockpit. We've reimagined and redefined the mobility experience, creating a new standard that goes beyond driving to a connected and informed world. Today, we're shrinking the gap between the driver and the automobile, transforming the machine into a natural extension of the human inside.
While we're busy building the next generation of the in-car user experience, we're also focused on the next step: spinning off from Nuance into a new, independent, publicly traded company that will be solely focused on the growing mobility assistant market and its adjacent opportunities - autonomous cars, smart cities, enhanced shared mobility, and more - that are on the horizon. Our new company will be a fast-moving, innovative organization that will use our 20-year history as a springboard to the next level. There's never been a more exciting time to join Nuance Automotive.
The role of the Principal Software Engineer will be to work on implementing AI components related to NLU and multimodal input including gaze and gesture to disambiguate spoken input. The modules and features owned by the engineer will execute on both embedded devices and the Nuance cloud platform. The embedded solution will be a part of the Nuance flagship Dragon Drive platform which is used by all major car manufactures, including Toyota, Daimler and BMW.
* Design product features; create high-level as well as detailed design documents
* Implement new product features in the appropriate technology
* Enhance and maintain existing product capabilities
* Create design and application documents
* Present technology to customers and partners
* Assist in the creation and continuous improvement of the development process
* Perform tasks related to securing and keeping the products, tools, and processes that you are responsible for securing
Number of Years of Work Experience: 6+ years
* Deep knowledge of C++/C.• Extensive experience with embedded platform development, including Android and Linux. • Evidence of continued/continuing education in new technologies, product development tools and processes. • Experience with designing and developing data intensive applications.• Designing, developing and debugging multi-threaded applications. • Solid understanding of object-oriented methodologies, software development life cycle, UI design and best practices. • Experience using version control and defect tracking systems. • Independently able to design and develop software components. • Strong problem solving, analytical, troubleshooting and communication (written and verbal) skills. • Willingness and ability to meet tight deadlines when necessary. • Excellent team player, creative, self-motivated, has a positive attitude and a strong desire for continued personal growth. • Self-motivated hands-on approach with a keen attention to detail. • Willingness and ability to meet tight deadlines when necessary.
* Experience with voice applications• Experience with automotive platforms and integrating with them• Experience with QNX and ARM devices• Experience with JSON • Experience working with SQL and NoSQL databases
Education: B.S. in engineering discipline; strong preference for M.S.
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance Communication Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is available here. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5086 - Human Resources Department and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Nuance Communications is a company providing voice recognition and natural language understanding solutions.