At Nuance, we empower people with the ability to seamlessly interact with their connected devices and the digital world around them. We are creating a world where technology thinks and acts the way people do by designing the most human, natural, and intuitive ways of interacting with technology. Our nimble technology uses analytics and advanced algorithms to transform the inanimate into animate and reduce complicated processes into simple ones.
Join our Healthcare team...caring for clinicians the way they care for patients. Beyond words. We create technology that lets clinicians capture and document care quickly and easily so they can focus their attention on their patients.
Summary: Work with a team of developers, QA, and other stakeholders in the design and development of new features in the industry leading PowerScribe platform for radiology reporting. Streamline workflows for medical staff that rely on PowerScribe to produce comprehensive clinical documentation. The candidate will be self-motivated and work on multiple deliverables with dynamic schedules in an agile software development process.
* Design, code, and test application components in C# for complex computer systems
* Document technical designs and program logic
* Write complete and detailed unit and integration tests
* Participate in functional and technical reviews
* Assist in identifying process improvements and application enhancements
* Handle multiple responsibilities with rapidly changing priorities and deadlines
* Work effectively with a distributed team in multiple geographic locations and time zones
Number of Years of Work Experience: 5
* 5+ years of experience with Microsoft Visual Studio creating multi-tier applications using C# and Microsoft .NET
* 3+ years of experience creating user interfaces with WPF and/or ASP.NET
* Demonstrated object-oriented design experience
* Experience in agile software development process
* Familiarity with services based architectures
* Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
* Strong troubleshooting and debugging skills
* Excellent English communication skills (written, oral, listening)
* Excellent organization and planning skills
* Excellent technical, analytical, debugging and problem solving skills
* Comfortable being part of a geographically dispersed team
* Agile development methodologies including SCRUM
* Experience with large distributed systems
* Familiarity with Microsoft Window Communication Foundation (WCF)
* Database design and programming using SQL Server
* Experience with RESTful APIs and JSON
* Experience with cloud-based deployments (Azure a big plus)
* Experience with entity frameworks (LLBLGen a big plus)
* Experience with Prism framework a plus
* Experience with Telerik UI for WPF a plus
* Familiarity with Atlassian toolset (JIRA, Confluence) a plus
* Knowledge of Healthcare Information Systems and standards a plus
* Experience with Speech Recognition Software a plus
Education: BS in computer science or related discipline; MS preferred
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance Communication Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is available here. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5086 - Human Resources Department and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
About Nuance Communications
Nuance Communications is a company providing voice recognition and natural language understanding solutions.