Location: Irving, TX
The Connected Vehicle Services division of SiriusXM builds and delivers software-based services on our connected car platform. The software we develop not only adds convenience to the daily life of our subscribers, but safety and security as well; when the worst happens, our software helps to save lives.
We are transforming our existing CV operation BI platform from an on premise, monolithic, closed architecture system to a modern, open, cloud-based system. Working on our team will give you the opportunity to craft software in an agile, team-focused environment while learning and exercising a multitude of skills. We focus on keeping developers happy and productive; fostering a positive atmosphere to help you make the right decisions and to learn and grow both professionally and personally.
We are looking for a motivated and passionate software craftsperson to help us create, extend, and maintain the current CV Operation BI system with OBIEE and Informatica and help us transition to a next generation BI system in the cloud, such as building a data lake in AWS.
This position requires that the individual be capable of playing a pivotal role: providing technical guidance and direction to the CV operation BI team. This individual will also work closely with all levels of management across the organization, researching new technologies and making technical recommendations to help ensure that SiriusXM Connected Vehicle Services continues to be a thought leader within our industry.
This position requires that the individual be capable of playing a pivotal role: providing technical guidance and direction to the CV operation BI team. This individual will also work closely with all levels of management across the organization, researching new technologies and making technical recommendations to help ensure that SiriusXM Connected Vehicle Services continues to be a thought leader within our industry. Duties and Responsibilities:
* Serves as one of the subject matter experts of OBIEE and Informatica ETL and future projects to build AWS data lake or data warehouse.
* Models data warehouse tables.
* Leads Data warehouse initiatives.
* Configures and administers the OBIEE, Informatica and DAC repositories.
* Creates OBIEE reports of elevated complexity.
* Optimizes performance of processes and queries running on Oracle Database engine.
* Assists IT-Ops during the OBIEE/Informatica/DAC installation and migration.
* Implements Enhancements/bug fixes (development and support for existing functionality).
* Communicates and coordinates with other teams.
* Devises or modifies procedures to solve complex problems considering system capacity and limitations, operating time and form of desired results.
* Prepares detailed specifications from which programs will be written.
* Responsible for program design, coding, testing, debugging and documentation.
* Instructs, directs and checks the work of other system analysis and programming personnel.
* Responsible for quality assurance review.
* Responsible for directing and monitoring the work of team members.
* May be responsible for project completion and user satisfaction.
* Performs all other duties and projects assigned.
* Proactively communicates with all departments and other teams.
* The following skills are a plus:
* Data migration/import into AWS
* Data processing with AWS analytics and Machine Learning tools
* Design and implementation of data lake or data warehouse in AWS.
* Mentors junior OBIEE, Informatica and AWS developers.
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, a related field or equivalent work experience required.
* 10 + years of data warehousing experience
Requirements and General Skills:
* Excellent technical analysis, planning and problem solving skills..
* Ability to work in Agile team environment.
* Must be flexible, motivated and independent.
* Excellent communication and presentation skills.
* Personal leadership skills with successful track record of leading team to accomplish difficult objectives.
* Interacts with customers (internal and external) at all levels or organization.
* Proactively partners with other departments to provide information and feedback, analyze reports for continuous improvement and resolve issues.
* Occasional local and regional travel may be required.
* Knowledge of all phases of application systems analysis, design and programming activities.
* Has full technical knowledge of all phases of applications systems analysis and programming.
* Has good understanding of the business or function for which applications are designed.
* Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
* Ability to work/working knowledge in Siebel 8.
* 10+ years of ETL into OBIEE using Informatica, DAC.
* Experience with OBIEE 12c.
* 8+ years of experience with Informatica 9.
* 8+ years of performance optimization of OBIEE queries and processes on Oracle 11g Database.
* Experience with performance optimization of OBIEE queries and processes on Oracle 12c Database a plus.
* 5+ years of experience with Siebel Analytics.
* Working knowledge of relational databases (Oracle 12c a plus), and object-oriented programming languages.
* Hands on experience with server installation and administration of OBIEE 12c or OBIEE 11g.
* 2+ years' Experience with Cloud development and deployment best practices on AWS
* 2+ years' Experience in building data lake or data warehouse in AWS
SiriusXM is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship, pregnancy, military or veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.
About Sirius XM
Your favorite music, commercial-free, plus uncensored talk and entertainment, sports and Howard Stern.