Position Type: Internship
Session: Fall 2019 (September 16 - December 6, 2019)
Location: Washington, D.C.
SiriusXM interns don't make coffee. They're on-air, on projects and making valuable contributions to SiriusXM. Join our internship program and learn about the world of radio and get hands-on experience in your field of study.
Seeking transforming engineers with a passion for music and entertainment to be an impactful part of the end to end multimedia and content delivery system of systems management team. Position will assist in expanding program management, portfolio management, systems engineering, architecture, and satellite uplink tools and products to best facilitate programs and projects in our architecture of satellites, terrestrial networks, ground stations, networked studios, infotainment applications, media data centers, and web services.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Review and update documentation for change incorporation.
* Build out/update Ops-Eng portfolio project file for new considerations and run work breakdown and schedule analyses.
* Build and present systems engineering impact assessment briefs.
* Build out/ pdate the SiriusXM end to end system Visio file.
* Co-author/update requirements and concept of operations artifacts.
* Review SE documents being developed.
* Perform site acceptance testing.
* Observe operations events.
* Experience tailored cross over exposures and interactions with other company teams.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
* Students with majors in engineering and computer science preferred.
* Electrical, software, aerospace, or media engineering degrees are desired.
* Must be at least 18 years of age.
* Must be enrolled as a student in a college, university or trade school. Students who have completed at least two years of college are preferred.
Requirements and General Skills:
* Willingness to learn how their engineering fundamentals apply to media production.
* Interpersonal skills and ability to interact and work with staff at all levels.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
* Ability to pay attention to details and be organized.
* Ability to project professionalism over the phone and in person.
* Commitment to "internal client" and customer service principles.
* Willingness to take initiative and to follow through on projects.
* Spelling, grammar, proofreading and editing skills.
* Creative and technical writing ability.
* Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and multi-task, and work under shifting deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
* Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
* Program management experience desired.
* Systems engineering experience desired.
* Coding in Python is desired.
* Web development is desired.
* Knowledge of MS-Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Project).
* Knowledge of collaborative working tools (Confluence, Jama, Jira, chat applications)
Please note that all SiriusXM internships are paid.
As an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.
About Sirius XM
Your favorite music, commercial-free, plus uncensored talk and entertainment, sports and Howard Stern.