Location: Irving, TX
The Connected Vehicle Services division of SiriusXM builds and delivers software-based services on our connected car platform. The software we develop not only adds convenience to the daily life of our subscribers, but safety and security as well; when the worst happens, our software helps to save lives.
We are transforming our existing CV platform from an on premise, monolithic, closed architecture system to a modern, open, micro-services, cloud-based system. Working on our team will give you the opportunity to craft software in an agile, team-focused environment while learning and exercising a multitude of skills. We focus on keeping developers happy and productive; fostering a positive atmosphere to help you make the right decisions and to learn and grow both professionally and personally.
We are looking for a motivated and passionate Salesforce Lead Developer to help us design, create, extend, and maintain the core of our connected car software platform as we expand past our current offerings in services related to safety, security and convenience in order to take our business to the next level.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Assist with developing and championing the design and development principles to be used as building blocks for the CV platform.
* Analyze requirements and technical specifications, and creating architectural designs using Salesforce and integration components.
* Mentor, lead and direct the work of junior developers and external contractors.
* Perform code reviews that implement thoughtful and standardized approaches to the codebase.
* Application design, hands on coding and data migrations.
* Lead implementation of Salesforce Service Cloud, Subscription Management and billing integrations.
* Manage software development lifecycle to ensure timely and consistent releases and apply best practice SDLC methodologies.
* Mentor associate, mid-level, and senior software engineers, but no direct management responsibilities.
* Bachelor's degree in engineering, computer science, related field, or equivalent, relevant experience.
* Certified Salesforce Certified Platform Developer I and II, Salesforce Certified Platform App Builder.
* 8+ years of experience as a software developer with experience in multiple development languages and platforms delivering multiple commercially deployed products to market.
* 4+ years of experience developing highly scalable and reliable software systems on Salesforce CRM platform.
* At least 4+ years of previous experience as a Salesforce developer in a complex environment on the Salesforce platform.
* Must have at least 2+ year experience as Salesforce lead developer in apex, building Lightning applications and using Lightning Design system, Lightning Implementation(s).
Requirements and General Skills:
* Mentoring skills and competencies, with an ability to transfer knowledge to junior and senior members of engineering teams.
* Ability to multitask, attention to detail, and effective communication skills -both written and verbal.
* Works well with others and is a skilled communicator both in writing and verbally.
* Acts with professionalism both in person and when working on the phone with partners.
* Strong interpersonal skills and ample self-initiative who thrives in a fast paced, collaborative environment.
* Proven ability to lead and work within geographically distributed engineering teams.
* Experience with product or platform development is preferred.
* Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and work under shifting deadlines with potentially ambiguous or nebulous requirements in a fast-paced environment.
* Ability to quickly assess multifaceted problems and complex situations and recognize patterns to identify and resolve the root cause.
* Enjoy problem solving while learning, developing and applying new skills along the way.
* Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
* Experienced with shipping commercial products using agile software development methodologies; Scrum and/or Kanban.
* Must have suitable salesforce certifications. Having a Salesforce Platform Developer certification will greatly improve the chances for a successful application.
* Experience in building applications using APEX, flows, process builder and configuration.
* Experience using Data Loader, Advanced Configuration, Security / Permissions Management.
* Familiarity with security concepts (authentication, authorization, encryption, digital signature), SSL, web service proxies, firewall, SAML 2.0, OAuth 2.0).
* Design and Development: Customize Salesforce Service Cloud through configuration, lightning and Apex development.
SiriusXM is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship, pregnancy, military or veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.
About Sirius XM
Sirius XM Holdings is a radio broadcaster.