AppDynamics is the Application Intelligence company. With AppDynamics, enterprises have real-time insights into application performance, user performance and business performance so they can move faster in an increasingly sophisticated, software-driven world. Our integrated suite of products is built on our innovative, enterprise-grade App iQ Platform that enables our customers to make faster decisions that enhance customer engagement and improve operational and business performance. AppDynamics is uniquely positioned to enable enterprises to accelerate their digital transformations by actively monitoring, analyzing, and optimizing complex application environments at scale which has led to proven success and trust with the Global 2000.
About the role
AppDynamics Performance Team is responsible for Product Performance analysis, benchmark development, scalability, reliability and capacity/sizing initiatives. The responsibilities include performance requirement reviews, design, implement benchmarks and workloads, execute, analyze and report benchmarks results, and provide optimizations to improve the product scalability and performance. We are looking for a senior level development engineer with "performance" focus to work on AppDynamics App Intelligence Product.
Any candidate must have extensive Java/J2EE development and performance analysis skills. Analysis include Java profilers, memory(heap), cpu and system level performance tool. Ability to provide optimizations or evaluate alternative architectures from performance and scalability perspective is required. This position will also include occasional work with customers(SaaS) to address customer performance problems.
* 12+ years of experience with a proven track record of excellence
* Must have experience Machine Language, Distributed Systems Performance such as NoSQL(HBase/HDFS), TimeSeries DB, Kafka, ELK stack technologies
* Must have extensive Java, Java EE, REST, XML, Messaging development experience with any Application Servers.
* Performance engineering design, implementing, and automating benchmarks is a must
* Proven experience in performance analysis, optimizations and participate in architecture reviews.
* Demonstrated knowledge of systems software and systems internals and understand the impact of locking, caching and I/O on software performance
* Must have excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
* Must be self driven, innovative, and willing to take initiative.
Education: BS in Engineering/Computer Science or Equivalent
We know that the award-winning culture at AppDynamics is something to brag about, but here are more reasons that make you excited to get out of bed to come in the morning, like:
* Medical, dental, vision coverage
* 401k match (4.5%)
* Wellness perks (gym, hobbies, education, store discounts, personal finance)
* 4 weeks PTO, 5 days VTO, 14 holidays (including 1 birthday PTO and 1 floating holiday)
* Mandatory company shut down between Christmas and New Years
Just a note
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: AppDynamics does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any AppDynamics employee. AppDynamics will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered property of AppDynamics.
AppDynamics is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or any other unlawful factor. AppDynamics complies with all applicable laws, including those regarding consideration of qualified applicants with criminal histories (such as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance). If your disability makes it difficult for you to use this site, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. AppDynamics participates in E-Verify.
AppDynamics develops application performance management solutions that deliver problem resolution for highly distributed applications.