It takes powerful technology to connect our brands and partners with an audience of 1 billion. Nearly half of Verizon Media employees are building the code and platforms that help us achieve that. Whether you're looking to write mobile app code, engineer the servers behind our massive ad tech stacks, or develop algorithms to help us process 4 trillion data points a day, what you do here will have a huge impact on our business-and the world. Want in? Verizon Digital Media Services brings together world-class technology to prepare, deliver and display content - so users can watch and enjoy on their terms. The purpose of our platform is simple. It delivers next-generation digital experiences for today's demanding users, whether it be their favorite TV shows, catching up with friends via social media or shopping for the latest gadgets. Built on top of one of the world's largest networks, our platform easily handles your users' appetite for instant, secure and always-on media, anytime, anywhere.
Delivering any data, anywhere, anytime, Verizon Digital Media Services is the world's fastest and most reliable content delivery network. The company was founded in 2006 by technology entrepreneurs with years of experience building companies in the infrastructure, web services, and application delivery spaces. We built our global delivery network to provide the fastest, smartest content delivery on the planet. And, according to the independent experts, we did exactly that - we consistently rank among the very best-performing CDNs in the industry.
Verizon Digital Media Services is looking for an exceptional Senior Network Engineer to join our rapidly growing team. We need someone with network and programming experience at Internet Scale; a person that will be an integral part of the Network Engineering team.
What will you do? Incorporate aspects of network and software engineering, and apply them to operations for the purposes of creating and maintaining a scalable, secure, highly reliable and performant network.
We're a lean and relatively flat team; everyone works on every aspect of the network - from architecture, automation, and design to implementation. We are looking for individuals with both a strong network and programming background for our global production network.
* Design, plan, implement and support global CDN networking infrastructure with automation in mind.
* Analyze business requirements and translate them into actionable technical requirements.
* Serve as technical, engineering subject matter expert for a complex global network.
* Identify and evaluate new features, enhancements, and develop and operationalize them
* Participate in and/or lead vendor evaluations and architectural reviews
* Serve as the Tier III response for all escalated network issues and customer complaints.
* Create and define network requirements for new products, including technical documentation for all relevant processes and technologies.
* Create and/or improve the tools that provide insight into the availability and performance of our global network
* Create the SOP's and automate repeatable operational work
* Create and assist in the development of automation tools and processes that proactively monitor the health of the network, respond to events, and prevent their recurrences along with driving downtime to resolution
* Create and leverage telemetry, analytics and learning pipelines to better monitor, measure, and debug the network
* Create and leverage network tooling to identify and mitigate network anomalies.
* Create and leverage fully functional virtual network environments in AWS and OpenStack for testing, POCs, and CI/CD
* Design and implement both hybrid and non-hybrid cloud solutions in AWS, Azure, and on-prem environments.
* Responsible for identifying problem areas in a proactive way and developing solutions to meet the challenges of a global network
* BS in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent experience
* 7+ years of experience in design and implementation of network technologies, including routing, switching, and security
* 5+ years experience implementing and managing medium to large scale BGP, MPLS, IS-IS deployments
* In-Depth understanding and practical knowledge of BGP
* Strong working knowledge of all OSI Layers focusing on the network stack - TCP/IP, HTTP, DNS, and anycast concepts.
* MS in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent
* Working knowledge of Segment Routing and Egress Peering Engineering principles and protocols.
* Experience in working with large scale internet infrastructure, including peering/egress fabrics, content proxy caching, and server fabrics.
* Working knowledge and experience with scripting languages such as Python, Golang, and BASH preferred.
* Experience with IP network design at large scale, multi-vendor environments, including one or more of Junos, Arista, & Quagga/Bird/ExaBGP.
* Working knowledge of OpenFlow protocol, P4Runtime, and SDN controllers.
* Working knowledge of gRPC and OpenConfig based streaming telemetry technologies
* Knowledge of current networking systems including routers, switches, firewalls, VPNs, Content-aware load-balancers and all IP-based protocols.
* Proficient with Linux, open source projects, agile development frameworks, and best practices
* Visio diagramming and network documentation knowledge required.
* Working knowledge of DevOps or SRE methodologies
* Experience with version Control using Git, Github, and SVN
* Highly responsible, self-motivated, and able to work with minimal supervision.
* Progressive mindset, forward-thinking, desire to make game-changing transformations to non-optimal operational workflow.
* Willing to take ownership of complex problems and see them through to resolution
* Desire to provide mentoring to junior members of the team to improve time to productivity.
* Ability to handle multiple tasks under pressure and prioritize projects and establish schedules for their timely completion
* Resource-oriented, with the ability to adapt to a constantly changing technical environment.
* An Energetic and fast paced individual who thrives in a high growth, entrepreneurial environment.
* Excellent organizational and follow up skills.
* Strong communicator with the ability to build relationships at all levels of an organization.
Verizon Media is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category. Verizon Media is dedicated to providing an accessible environment for all candidates during the application process and for employees during their employment. If you need accessibility assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability, please email ApplicantAccommodation@verizonmedia.com or call 408-336-1409. Emails/calls received for non-disability related issues, such as following up on an application, will not receive a response.
Currently work for Verizon Media? Please apply on our internal career site.
About Verizon Media
Verizon Media (formerly Oath) is a company operating media, technology, and communication brands.