Verizon Media Group
It takes powerful technology to connect our brands and partners with an audience of 1 billion. Nearly half of Verizon Media employees are building the code and platforms that help us achieve that. Whether you're looking to write mobile app code, engineer the servers behind our massive ad tech stacks, or develop algorithms to help us process 4 trillion data points a day, what you do here will have a huge impact on our business-and the world. Want in? Verizon Digital Media Services brings together world-class technology to prepare, deliver and display content - so users can watch and enjoy on their terms. The purpose of our platform is simple. It delivers next-generation digital experiences for today's demanding users, whether it be their favorite TV shows, catching up with friends via social media or shopping for the latest gadgets. Built on top of one of the world's largest networks, our platform easily handles your users' appetite for instant, secure and always-on media, anytime, anywhere.
* Monitor the world's fastest, most reliable content delivery network, including thousands of servers, applications, network devices, peering and transit connections along with real-world customer traffic for some of the biggest sites on the internet, using a powerful suite of custom built monitoring tools and systems
* Work with the systems and network administration teams to resolve complex issues within specific service level agreements
* Potential candidates are expected to triage and troubleshoot complex networking , system and application issues. This may include coordinating with third-party vendors, customer contacts, internal escalation teams or other business units in order to reach a holistic solution.
* Responsible for maintaining knowledge continuity among peers and internal escalation teams. This includes updating internal knowledge bases with new processes and procedures as needed.
* Responsible for the performance, health, and scalability of the entire global network infrastructure on a 24/7 basis to ensure company-wide Objectives and Key Results (OKR) and Key Performance Indicators (KPI) objects are met
* Actively be involved in identifying and communicating opportunities for automation to remove pain points related to: repetitious operational tasks, improved network monitoring tools, configuration generation and standardization, and new circuit and peer implementations
* Administers trouble tickets according to established guidelines, standards, and procedures. Ensures all content accurately reflects all incident response efforts. Independently makes decisions regarding the next-steps involved in incident response.
* Monitors all network, system and application platforms to ensure the health of operational services, networks, devices, and components. Maintains mastery of established standard operating procedures and processes.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Strong experience maintaining, managing and monitoring remote servers running Linux
* Prior experience monitoring enterprise-level infrastructure using various internal and 3rd party monitoring tools.
* Ability to create, maintain and follow up on internal tickets used to help engineers drive issues to a timely resolution
* Ability to quickly and efficiently address customer needs by providing solutions to customer issues or escalating to other internal support groups when necessary
* Experience as an application, systems or network engineer
* Practical understanding of Internet routing, BGP, OSPF, Tunneling, Ethernet switching, Linux, and related networking technologies
* Working knowledge of TCP/IP, HTTP/HTTPS and internet protocols
* Strong communication skills, with the ability to communicate clearly with respective teams and technical personnel in high-stress situations
* Flexible to work different shifts as needed in a 24/7/365 NOC environment
* 2+ years professional experience working in a Network Operations Center
* Bachelor's Degree degree in a computer related field.
* Certifications such as CCNA and RHCSA or equivalent are preferred
* Knowledge of network troubleshooting, traceroutes, pings, and Catchpoint
* Strong customer service skills
* Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
Verizon Media is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category. Verizon Media is dedicated to providing an accessible environment for all candidates during the application process and for employees during their employment. If you need accessibility assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability, please email ApplicantAccommodation@verizonmedia.com or call 408-336-1409. Emails/calls received for non-disability related issues, such as following up on an application, will not receive a response.
Currently work for Verizon Media? Please apply on our internal career site.
About Verizon Media Group
Verizon Media Group is a diverse house of more than 50 media and technology brands that engages more than a billion people around the world.