Verizon Media Group
It takes powerful technology to connect our brands and partners with an audience of 1 billion. Nearly half of Verizon Media employees are building the code and platforms that help us achieve that. Whether you're looking to write mobile app code, engineer the servers behind our massive ad tech stacks, or develop algorithms to help us process 4 trillion data points a day, what you do here will have a huge impact on our business-and the world. Want in? As Verizon's media unit, our brands like Yahoo, TechCrunch and HuffPost help people stay informed and entertained, communicate and transact, while creating new ways for advertisers and partners to connect. With technologies like XR, AI, machine-learning, and 5G, we're transforming media for tomorrow, too. We're creators and coders, dreamers and doers creating what's next in content, advertising and technology.
Design, build, implement, modify, test, debug and deploy applications for customer or partner facing products or internal users. Primary focus is to develop application logic and ensure that the it is accessible, scalable, customizable and also works across platform. Collaborates in defining and developing APIs/web services in order to integrate multiple platforms and technology components into the application. Create a state of the art analytics solutions and applications using leading edge technologies that can be shared across technology product lines and businesses. Collaborate with team members and other engineering teams to build solutions. Communicate ideas and thought process clearly to team members and to strategic leaders. Identify and resolve performance and scalability issues.
* Expert in writing code that meets standards and delivers desired functionality using the technology selected for the project with high quality
* Responsible for programming a component, developing feature or frameworks
* Work independently and contribute to the immediate team and to other teams across business.
* Contribute to design discussions.
* Skilled in breaking down problems, analyze problem statements and estimating efforts.
* Ability to take ownership of small and medium-sized tasks and delivers while mentoring and helping team members.
* Code Reviews across the team
* Demonstrates the initiative to explore alternate technology and approaches to solving problems.
* Skilled in core data structures and algorithms and implements them using appropriate chosen language
Desired Skills and Experience
* Empathize and having a positive attitude is the most important skill
* Able to work under minimal supervision. High energy, results driven person with strong interpersonal skills
* Hands on experience (coding) in developing solutions on Spark/BigData/Hadoop
* Experience working with at least 1 NoSQL Databases (HBase, Cassandra, Couchbase)
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or related field.
* Minimum 4 years of experience in Java/Scala/Linux
Nice to Have:
* Expertise in Apache Spark
* Expert level experience architecting, building and maintaining Enterprise grade Hadoop
* Experience with components in Hadoop echo system (Hive, Pig, Impala, Ambari, Oozie, Sqoop, ,Zookeeper, Mahout)
* Expertise in machine learning algorithms
Verizon Media is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category. Verizon Media is dedicated to providing an accessible environment for all candidates during the application process and for employees during their employment. If you need accessibility assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability, please email ApplicantAccommodation@verizonmedia.com or call 408-336-1409. Emails/calls received for non-disability related issues, such as following up on an application, will not receive a response.
Currently work for Verizon Media? Please apply on our internal career site.
About Verizon Media Group
Verizon Media Group is a diverse house of more than 50 media and technology brands that engages more than a billion people around the world.