Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will take an active role in the definition and evolution of standard practices and procedures. You will be responsible for defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, designing and debugging of software applications or operating systems.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 7 years of software engineering or related experience.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Oracle Database Security Development Group is the core security group in Oracle database. The team developed a variety of core security products in Oracle Database kernel.
Oracle Databases hold the majority of the world's relational data, and are attractive targets for attackers seeking high-value targets for data theft. Compromise of a single Oracle Database can result in tens of millions of breached records costing millions in breach-mitigation activity. Safeguard your most valuable data with Oracle's powerful preventive and detective security controls, including transparent data encryption, encryption key management, privileged user and multifactor access control, data classification and discovery, database activity monitoring and blocking, consolidated auditing and reporting, and data masking. With Oracle, you can deploy reliable data-security solutions that require no changes to existing applications, saving time and money.
Oracle Database Security team always looking for innovative ways to prevent data bleach. We are looking to leverage AI and Machine Learning techniques to detect and identify abnormal activities such as SQL injection attacks and more to the database.
You will be a key contributor in designing and implementing major pieces of the core database infrastructure for security.
You will design major core data-security products that work with replication, data high availability, and disaster recovery. Implement database techniques and features to support service scalability, performance and stability. You will design core security products related to data access control, database privileges control, SQL traffic analysis, SQL language parsing for security controls.
Work is non-routine and complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others.
* MS/PhD degree in CS or related degree
* Experience in software engineering, preferably in security products development.
* Strong development experience with C or C is required
* Familiarity with information security concepts like MAC, DAC, Intrusion Detection, SQL injection
* Familiarity with one or more of the following is a plus: SQL, PL/SQL, shell scripting, and system programming.
* Knowledge of the security market and products is a plus.
* Knowledge of Machine Learning is a plus.
* Experience with Unix platform.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Experience with Oracle database is a plus
* Excellent problem solving skills
* Need to be a team player - Ability to rapidly learn and understand new tools & technology
* Ability to work independently and self-motivated
Oracle is a company providing integrated cloud applications and platform services.