Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will take an active role in the definition and evolution of standard practices and procedures. Define specifications for significant new projects and specify, design and develop software according to those specifications. You will perform professional software development tasks associated with the developing, designing and debugging of software applications or operating systems.
Provide leadership and expertise in the development of new products/services/processes, frequently operating at the leading edge of technology. Recommends and justifies major changes to existing products/services/processes. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 8 or more years of software engineering or related experience.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
The Oracle NoSQL Database development team delivers an industry leading horizontally scalable, shared nothing, distributed cloud database. Use your deep skills in distributed systems, database internals, and high performance computing to work on one of the premier industrial strength NoSQL Databases in the market today.
You will work with an exceptional team solving some of the world's most challenging distributed cloud database problems. Experience working on large scales systems is required. If you're looking for the next big challenge in building a world class cloud based NoSQL Database solution, the Oracle NoSQL Database development team is the right place for you.
* A minimum of twelve years working on the development of mission critical large scale systems.
* Experience with complex distributed systems and parallel distributed algorithms.
* Strong knowledge of Java, C , or C.
* Strong knowledge of concurrent programming in distributed environments
* Strong troubleshooting skills
* Experience working in large scale cloud environments
* BS, MS, or PHD in computer science
Highly Desirable Skills
* Knowledge of database internals (concurrent B-tree access, transactions, recovery, query processing)
* Knowledge of log structured storage systems
* Knowledge of performance tuning and analysis in large scale distributed systems
Oracle is a company providing integrated cloud applications and platform services.