At Northrop Grumman we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We continue to innovate with developments from launching the first commercial flight to space, to discovering the early beginnings of the universe. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems sector is seeking a Software Configuration Management Build Engineer - Principal Engineer Software to join our diverse team.
The successful candidate's primary work will be as a member of the Azusa Software Configuration Management Build Team supporting multiple programs on a variety of different development platforms, primarily formal software and data product development efforts for processing and analyzing data from space sensors. The candidate will support the planning, execution, and maintenance of configuration-controlled operational-level software builds. As required by program needs, the candidate will be responsible for supporting multiple development teams in a dynamic, multi-platform environment. Responsibilities will include providing ClearCase/Git/Subversion and other version control tools administrative support including installations, user account management, Git repository, creation of VOBs & Views, and technical troubleshooting; providing software build support including makefile creation, build labeling, software builds and content list generation. Additional responsibilities may include developing and supporting scripts including triggers, hooks and integration with other products. For a candidate to be successful in this role they will need excellent written and oral communication skills. They will also require strong soft-skills and be comfortable with inter- and intra-team interactions.
* Candidate must have a Bachelor's Degree in a S.T.E.M. (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics) Field
* Minimum of 7 years in Software Configuration Management and Software Build in Unix/Linux/Windows environment.
* Ability to obtain and Maintain a DoD Secret Level Security Clearance. U.S. Citizenship is required.
* Git, GitLab, Rational ClearCase, Subversion and other Version Control tools experience.
* Atlassian JIRA, Rational ClearQuest and other Defect Tracking tools experience.
* Atlassian Confluence and Bitbucket Jenkins, JFrog Artifactory, and Nexus Repository Programming or scripting experience in an UNIX environment (C , Perl, Shell scripts).
* Experience with makefiles (ClearMake, GNUmake, cmake).
* Knowledge of Military & Civil Space (SBIRS, JPSS, JTAGS P3I, iSAGE) program experience is a plus.
* Experience in developing software configuration approaches and maintenance of the SCM library and processes.
* Knowledge of languages C, C , Ada, Java, SQL, and Fortran and its compiler principle.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for this positions.
About Northrop Grumman
Northrop Grumman is a provider of autonomous systems, strike, logistics, C4ISR, and cyber solutions for government and commercial customers.