At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for a Software DevOps Engineer 3 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in San Diego, CA. The selected candidate will working with the latest technology to modernize software production across multiple programs.
* Standup of large scale software factory used by software team
* Integration complex systems that facilitates continuous build, continuous integration, continuous test, continuous deployment
* Strong communication skills is a must to work with Software IPT, chief engineers, and development team
The selected candidate should thrive in a fast-paced work environment with high expectations, significantly diverse assignments, collaborative/team settings across all levels.
* Bachelor's Degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics) discipline and 5 years software development experience, or Master's Degree in a STEM discipline and 3 years of software development experience or PhD in STEM discipline
* Must have understanding of the software development life cycle
* Must be familiar with build tools (i.e., Maven, Ant) and continuous integration environments (i.e., Jenkins,TeamCity)
* Must have experience using the Agile methodology.
* Experience in Linux/Unix/Windows Administration
* Experience with Virtualization technology
* Must have the ability to obtain active DoD security clearance
* Experience with the full Atlassian tool suite (Confluence, Jira, BitBucket/SourceTree, Crucible, FishEye, Crowd, Bamboo)
* Experience developing builds in Maven, including MAVEN profiles. Ability to automate software builds and releases via Maven & Nexus.
* Experience with automation/configuration management using either Ansible, Chef or an equivalent
* Experience with developing formal builds within the DoD industry.
* Experience with VMware infrastructure and automation
* Certification from VMWare and Cisco is desired
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
About Northrop Grumman
Northrop Grumman is a provider of autonomous systems, strike, logistics, C4ISR, and cyber solutions for government and commercial customers.