Northrop Grumman Corporation
Are you looking for a new career opportunity where you can put your expertise to work while still making your own mark? Are you longing to be part of a high-functioning and extremely talented group of engineers that truly is leading the future? If so, then Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems in Northridge, CA may be the employer for you!
We are seeking a Staff level Systems Engineer that will perform technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems. Analyses are performed at all levels of total system product to include: concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal. Ensure the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints. Perform functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications.
Specific Responsibilities Include (but are not limited to):
* Maintain traceability of the vehicle requirements to electronics subsystems, maintain configuration control of subsystems for conceptual and preliminary design activities and tracking subsystems power, cooling, interface, and mechanical packaging requirements
* Perform trade studies and performance assessment of subsystems; includes modeling & simulations
* Manage interfaces with subcontractors for vehicle integration coordination, interface definition, and joint analysis for system configurations
* Prepare and present subsystems conceptual and preliminary design configurations and performance assessment information to customers via program interchange meetings, program reports, white papers, and proposals
* Provide technical project management and leadership
* Current active Secret clearance or higher.
* BS in Engineering (or related) discipline.
* 12-18 years' experience in systems and hi-tech product development
* Background in aerospace systems; basic understanding of aircraft systems, missile systems, aerodynamics, GNC, warheads, survivability, and their design drivers.
* Well-versed, skilled and disciplined in systems development and system engineering processes and thorough understanding of all phases of product lifecycle.
* Familiarity with a variety of avionics and sensor systems for use on missile systems.
* Familiarity with RF testing and compact ranges for both subsystem and system level testing.
* Familiarity with MBE, MBSE, MDA, MDAO and other systems analysis methods and tools.
* Familiarity with Electro-magnetics analysis, methods, and tools.
* Familiarity with Operations Analysis - processes, methods, tool sets, and
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
About Northrop Grumman Corporation
Northrop Grumman is a provider of autonomous systems, strike, logistics, C4ISR, and cyber solutions for government and commercial customers.