Are you interested in expanding your career through experience and exposure, all the while supporting a mission that seeks to ensure the security of our nation and its allies? If so, then Northrop Grumman may be the place for you. As a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products and solutions to customers worldwide, Northrop Grumman offers an extraordinary portfolio of capabilities and technologies. Here at Northrop Grumman we are comprised of professionals that bring different perspectives, are curious about the world, accepting of each other, and understand that the more ideas, backgrounds, and experiences we bring to our work then the more innovative we can be. As we continue to build our talented workforce we look for professionals that exemplify our core values, leadership characteristics, and approach to innovation.
Northrop Grumman is seeking a Principal Project Manager to join our team supporting the Army Knowledge Online (AKO) program located in Fort Belvoir, Virginia.
The Project Manager will work with the Engineering Lead and team in the Army's effort to Extract-Transform-Load (ETL) all legacy AKO data from its current platform to an approved commercial cloud service provider. The team will also design and implement secure access capabilities from a modernized AKO platform to the migrated AKO data.
* Oversee the successful migration of all existing legacy AKO data to the modernized AKO commercial cloud service
* Work with the team to define and implement an authentication approach to connect the modernized AKO platform and legacy data
* Accountable for overall project execution; e.g., Cost, Schedule and Performance, status reporting
* Effective communications and meeting structure that supports commercial processes and helps to transform Army legacy processes
* Collaborate with the ALTESS technical team who will provide the FedRAMP authorized commercial cloud implementation
* Identify problems and obtain solutions, such as allocation of resources or changing contractual specifications
* Serve as customer contact for project related activities, responding to customer needs and changes in a flexible manner
* Gather and document the customer's technical and functional requirements and develop into a detailed project plan
* Establish milestones and adhere to master plans and schedules
* Track and report project status (schedule, milestones, metrics, key events, risks, and issues)
* A Bachelor's degree with a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience OR a Master's degree with a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience/ an additional 4 years of experience may be substituted in lieu of degree requirement
* Successful experience leading full lifecycle technical projects and delivering through implementation utilizing MS Project
* Proven ability to lead IT projects, handling additional customer requirements to completion
* Past experience of leading, managing and participating in cross-functional IT projects
* Demonstrated success with increasingly complex projects within an enterprise IT environment
* An Interim Secret security clearance (or higher) to start with the ability to obtain a Secret once aboard
* MP, Agile, ITIL Certification
* Experience leading large scale cloud based data migration projects
* Prior experience in a hands-on technical role
* Experience supporting a government program on-site supporting a multi-zone multi-network enterprise IT environment
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
About Northrop Grumman
Northrop Grumman is a provider of autonomous systems, strike, logistics, C4ISR, and cyber solutions for government and commercial customers.