Req ID: 47279
Job Family: Information Technology/Software Development
Sabre is the global leader in innovative technology that leads the travel industry. We are always looking for bright and driven people who have a penchant for technology and want to hone their skills. If you are interested in challenging work, being part of a global team, and solving complex problems through technology, business intelligence and analytics, and Agile practices - then Sabre is right for you! It is our people who develop and deliver powerful solutions that meet the current and future needs for our airline, hotel, and travel agency customers.
Our enterprise solutions team is seeking an experienced database architect who can assist in providing solutions for the cloud, identifying the right solution for customers with high availability, scalability, cloud products, database technologies, factoring in replication, sizing and storage. We are seeking someone who can provide end to end architecture and solutions working strategically across a matrixed organization, providing hands on architecture including document database.
To be able to accomplish these objectives, you will need to have experience working as a hands on architect, capable of providing highly available architectures for both on-prem and cloud database solutions and beable to define both tactical and strategic directions for database. You must also be comfortable working with teams to drive final solution.
* Minimum of 10 years of software / database experience
* Minimum of 10 years of experience as an Oracle database engineer.
* Minimum of 2 years experience in Architecture
* Experience with data modeling, database optimization, performance tuning, backup and restore, data migration, managing the overall health and status of the database and resolving database-related issues.
* Experience with Couchbase architecture, tuning and modeling
* Experience with Cloud vendors AWS and Azure and using cloud formation as well as offerings
* Working knowledge of replication strategies
* Excellent communication skills
* Ability to create, plan, and drive strategy across a matrix organization.
* Experience with Oracle products such as Real Application Clusters, Data Guard, Application Server, Spatial, GoldenGate, Exadata, and Replication
* Familiar with technologies related to high TPS and high data volume
* Experience with other database products such as Postgres, MongoDB, Cassandra, etc.
Required Education (including Major):
Bachelor's in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Database Administration, CIS or related Technical major or equivalent experience
Sabre is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. Applicants applying for a Sabre position with a disability who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process may contact Sabre's Compliance Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sabre is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals. EEO IS THE LAW
Stay connected with Sabre Careers
Job Segment: Solution Architect, Database, Oracle, Developer, Computer Science, Technology
Apply now "
Sabre is a technology company that provides global travel and tourism industry solutions.