Req ID: 46225
Job Family: Information Technology/Software Development
Sabre is the global leader in innovative technology that leads the travel industry. We are always looking for bright and driven people who have a penchant for technology and want to hone their skills. If you are interested in challenging work, being part of a global team, and solving complex problems through technology, business intelligence and analytics, and Agile practices - then Sabre is right for you! It is our people who develop and deliver powerful solutions that meet the current and future needs for our airline, hotel, and travel agency customers.
Increasing Complexity, Disparate Data & Changing Regulation's make crew management one of the most challenging parts of an airline's operations. Crew Manager is an End to End platform that brings Operations / Commercial & Passenger data together to enable consistent data led decisions. Crew Manager features integrate Long-term Planning, Day of Operations Management & a range of Crew Administration, Training, Legality & Communication functions including Crew Mobile technology.
The Crew Manager product is the primary application of the crew suite of products. It enables "Crew Schedulers", "Crew Planners" and "Crew Managers" users to ensure a full, legal crew is assigned to every scheduled flight either during planning phase, operational window or various disruption scenarios.
Crew Manager product development team is now looking for a motivated individual to join us as Senior Software Developer to perform the following duties:
* As member of cross functional SCRUM team, works with all team members on delivering high quality software: well-designed, efficient, and testable code
* Consult with test engineers in resolution of problems and understanding how functionality will be tested
* Able to independently analyze a story/feature to ensure designs comply with specifications
* Good software engineer with expert level experience coding in java 8 or higher: programming principles, design, clean code, unit test
* Thorough knowledge and hands on experience with Spring, Hibernate
* Java Application troubleshooting: stack trace, analyze thread & memory dumps, garbage collection
* Experience with build management and continuous integration tools/servers: Maven, Team City
* Support continuous improvement
* Investigating alternatives and technologies
* Presenting for architectural review
* Analyzes Production logs & defects and recommends corrective action
* Thinks from a customer perspective and creatively solves real user problems
Preferred Education: Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
* Excellent skills in Designing, Implementing and Maintaining Java applications
* At least 5 years of relevant professional experience in software development
* Excellent understanding of the Java SDK & data structures
* Experience with continuous integration & delivery
* Good understanding of Scrum software development framework
* Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
* Capable & willing to mentor junior team members
* Being proactive and committed to get things done
* Programming experience with SOAP/REST Web Services
Sabre is a technology solutions provider to the global travel and tourism industry.