Principal Architect - Learning Solution
Req #: WHQ00015827-TP
Location: Chicago, IL US
Job Category:Human Resources and Labor Relations
We have a wide variety of career opportunities around the world - come find yours.
The Human Resources team helps attract and recruit diverse talent, and works to provide employees with competitive benefits, leadership resources and the support to be successful at United.
Job overview and responsibilities
The Learning Solution Architect (LSA) is responsible for translating business requirements that business partners and Global Talent team leadership have defined into learning experience solution designs. This position provides a point of view on what constitutes strong design principles based on the modality, content and outcome that the business is driving. This role is responsible for ensuring the end to end learning experience is targeted to the learning audience(s), supports United's core4, and meets all regulatory requirements. Within an end-to-end view, the LSA designs experiences that provide observable and measurable behaviors within the target learning audience(s).
* Orchestrates the design of the learning experience by understanding performance and regulatory requirements, defining learning solution architecture, identifying optimal delivery methods, overseeing the make-buy process, scope of work, and coordinating with designers and vendors to determine resourcing needs.
* Facilitates architecture, design and contribution working sessions to develop and document the end-to-end learning experience solution for each type targeted population.
* Continuously drives leading-edge innovations and learning technology into the learning experience solutions.
* Responsible for articulating the vision and requirements that the business sponsor and Global Talent Management team leadership have defined together and then translates the business requirements into the learning experience requirements commensurate with performance and regulatory requirements.
* Facilitates design reviews to include an internal team review and then a formal review with key stakeholders to ensure solutions meet the requirements.
* Oversees the production of learning interactions during the Design and Build stages, working to ensure all interactions and assets created by the team are aligned to well-defined design principles
* Provides the role-centric learning designs necessary to ensure the experience is digestible to the learning audience(s).
* Collaborates to ensure consistency of design principles across all United Airlines.
* Identifies resource management needs and escalate to leadership to ensure initiatives are properly staffed.
* Facilitates validation of design completion ensure the learning experience solution achieves business outcomes.
* Continuously engages the business stakeholders and Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) throughout the Design and Build stages, during which interactions and assets are brought from concept to deliverable.
* BA/BS in Business, Organizational Behavior, Organizational Development & Effectiveness, Instructional Design, or related field
* Demonstrated portfolio of learning experience designs and solutions with measureable results
* Demonstrated knowledge of facilitated and non-facilitated training methodologies and tools
* Demonstrated ability to educate, communicate, negotiate, and influence with all levels of management to produce outcomes
* Demonstrated ability to prioritize, organize, and facilitate effectively in order to manage multiple projects to meet deadlines
* Demonstrated ability to creatively solve problems while working under pressure
* Ability to show good judgment, take initiative, and make decisions to accomplish job duties
* Demonstrate an ability to work closely with peers to ensure successful learning outcomes
* 7+ Years Facilitated and/or Non-Facilitated Educational Design experience
* Office environment
* Some travel required
* Must be legally authorized to work in the United States for any employer without sponsorship
* Successful completion of interview required to meet job qualification
* Reliable, punctual attendance is an essential function of the position
* Masters degree
* Experience in designing innovative, learner centric, multiple delivery method learning solutions.
* Deep experience facilitating groups of individuals to unstructured outcomes
* Skills in measurement and evaluation of training initiatives
* 3+ Years Business experience outside of L&D
Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT
About United Airlines
United Airlines is an airline operating a domestic and international route network.