We have a wide variety of career opportunities around the world - come find yours.
The United IT team designs, develops and maintains massively scaling technology solutions that are brought to life with innovative architectures, data analytics and digital solutions.
Job overview and responsibilities
The Escalation Manager role is part of the Incident Management team which provides 24x7x365 support of mission and business critical applications / processes. The Incident Management team coordinates and manages the efforts to restore service in order to minimize the impact to the business. Major incidents can cause substantial financial impact which is why they require very close coordination and supervision with the Business, along with various IT support teams / vendors. The goal of the Escalation Manager is to work with the Crisis Manager and assist in the restoration of major incidents.
* Manages actual and potential major incident intake with the proper vetting of data
* Works with Crisis Manager IM team members to assess and declare major incidents
* Send out incident communications that contain excellent grammar with well thought out detail
* Gather targeted resources in a timely manner to address the incident at hand
* Scribe actions relating to ongoing incidents in great detail with precision
* Multi-task effectively by working multiple incidents at the same time
* Concisely articulate incident recaps to all levels of management
* Update and route incidents with proper detail aiding Problem Management ITSM team members
* Extremely flexible to changing priorities and conditions
* Ability to work varying shifts including afternoon and midnight shifts
* Flexible with schedule including working off-shifts at times
* Remaining calm under pressure
* B.S. in IT related field, or equivalent work experience * 3 years of IT experience or equivalent business exposure * Must be legally authorized to work in the United States for any employer without sponsorship * Successful completion of interview required to meet job qualification * Reliable, punctual attendance is an essential function of the position
* ITIL Foundation * 2 years of Incident Management experience * ITSM tool experience, preferably ServiceNow * Major Incident Management experience * 24x7x365 shift work