Analyze, design develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for commercial or end user applications. Writes code, completes programming and performs testing and debugging of applications.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will specify, design and implement major changes to existing software architecture. Create new architecture for a moderate size product or a portion of a major product. Build and execute unit tests and unit test plans. Review integration and regression test plans created by QA. Communicate with QA and porting engineering to ensure consistency, testability and portability across products in general.
Provide leadership and expertise in the development of new products/services/processes, frequently operating at the leading edge of technology. Recommends and justifies major changes to existing products/services/processes. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 8 or more years of software engineering or related experience.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are seeking talented, self-motivated and team-oriented Principal Applications Engineer to work on Oracle Sales Cloud activity management.
Oracle Sales Cloud activity management can greatly boost sales teams' effectiveness and encourage critical communication about each in-flight opportunity.
The ideal candidate should have solid java and j2ee development experience and strong passion
As a principal developer, you will have an opportunity to contribute by designing innovative solutions and conducting proof of concept on state-of-the-art technologies/tools. You will be working closely with various development teams to design and implement complex solutions. You will take an active role in the definition and evolution of standard practices and procedures. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others.
* Software design and development for the assigned modules within cloud framework.
* Research newer Oracle & open-source technologies that implement desired requirements and conduct corresponding validation POCs.
* Collaborate with product managers, product owners, and other stake holders for understanding the requirements , coming up with user stories/backlog items
* Lead the technical solution approach/technical design/testing strategy driven by customer/usage data along with the automation design
* Work with Agile development teams to gather and interpret user/system requirements into design specifications.
* Establish and ensure adherence to the coding standards.
* Foster knowledge sharing and assist with creation and delivery of best practices documentation and training materials
* Work in a DevOps culture that includes taking complete ownership and driving the collaboration with peer teams, cloud operations and technology stack to see through any task for end-to-end delivery.
* Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science or in related technical discipline.
* At least 10 years of Software development experience of Core JAVA with Web Development preferably with Oracle ADF and SQL/PLSQL.
* Proven track record of building large-scale, fault-tolerant, high performing, and highly scalable software products with experience on managing complex projects.
* Demonstrated expertise in system-level design, and experience with web services and service-oriented architectures.
* Expertise in different performance tuning approaches in JAVA / SQL or in related technologies.
* Experience in Rest API and micro services will be a preferred skill.
* Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges.
* Strong knowledge of Java, and experience with scripting languages such as Python, Perl, Linux scripting, etc.
* Working familiarity with networking protocols (TCP/IP, HTTP) and standard network architectures.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Experience building and deploying highly scalable services and applications; preferably on cloud infrastructure.
* Operational knowledge and experience with,
* Docker containerization, Kubernetes orchestration and CI/CD tools like Jenkins.
* GIT, Kafka
* Expects Results: Consistently drives high standards individually, as a team member, and for the organization to accomplish key goals.
* Communicates and Influences: Clearly communicates information and ideas to individuals and teams in an articulate, focused and compelling way. Willing to offer intellectual mindshare.
* Is Analytical and Instinctual: Compares information from multiple sources to identify core issues. Uses data to make decisions but also understands that instinct plays a part in innovating. Always uses good common sense combined with Emotional Intelligence.
* Possesses Strong Technology and Architecture Acumen: In-depth understanding of technology, architecture leadership and software development with the ability to draw from personal experience to make recommendations.
* Blends with High Performing Teams: Attracts, develops and engages talented team members within an environment where people can realize their full potential. Is ego-free. Acknowledges the work of others first
Oracle is a company providing integrated cloud applications and platform services.