Work with Oracle's world class technology to develop, implement, and support Oracle's global infrastructure.
As a member of the IT organization, lead the design, development, modification, debugging, and evaluation programs for extremely complex internal systems. Provide expertise to analyze existing programs or formulate logic for new internal systems. Develop conversion and system implementation plans. Recommend changes to development, maintenance, and system standards.
Provide leadership and expertise in extremely complex internal systems, frequently operating at the leading edge of technology. Recommend and justify major changes to existing internal systems. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. Ten or more years of related experience recommended.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
About Oracle Managed Cloud Services (OMCS)
Oracle Managed Cloud Services plays a critical role in delivering and supporting best-of-breed cloud solutions to Oracle customers.
Oracle Cloud is the industry's broadest and most integrated public cloud. It offers best-in-class services across software as a service (SaaS), platform as a service (PaaS), and infrastructure as a service (IaaS), and even lets you put Oracle Cloud in your own data center. Oracle Cloud helps organizations drive innovation and business transformation by increasing business agility, lowering costs, and reducing IT complexity.
The Oracle Cloud has shown strong adoption, supporting 70 million users and more than 30 billion transactions each day. It runs in 19 data centers around the world.
Our team provides 24/7/365, follow-the-sun coverage while pushing the boundaries of what can be accomplished in the cloud. Advancing cloud computing means great growth opportunities, and highly rewarding experiences working in our expanding computing environments and DEVOPS teams.
About The Job
A unique opportunity to join a rapidly growing world-class team to engineer cutting edge Oracle Cloud technologies and infrastructure that make up the Oracle Cloud solutions. As part of the OMCS team, you will be continually challenged and have an opportunity to contribute to the Oracle Cloud success every day, working closely with the development partners.
As a OMCS Engineer, you will solve interesting technical challenges by defining, designing, deploying, and troubleshooting key Oracle Cloud services, platforms, and infrastructure, always thinking about reliability, scalability, resilience, security, and performance.
The ideal candidate for this engaging and visible technical leadership role would have the experience of a Database and Application Administrator with Oracle ERPs, Fusion Middleware, Business Intelligence softwares (OBIEE, Hyperion), DEVOPS and automation, the wits of a systems and infrastructure whiz, and the courage of a spirited "closer". All these qualities bundled up in an affable communicator in order to make our Oracle Cloud customers successful.
What You'll Do
Service Ownership -You will be part of the OMCS team, whose mission is the shared full stack ownership of a collection of services and/or technology areas. As a IT Sr. Principal Consultant, you will be utilized as the "proactive" technical support, business solution implementation and risk manager to assure the highest level of customer satisfaction. You will create/contribute to automated technology and instrumentation to diagnose, document, and resolve/avoid customer issues. This position is regarded by Oracle, our partners, and our customers as the technical support expert in Oracle product usage in complex, open systems implementation environments.
Ownership Scope - You will understand the end-to-end configuration, technical dependencies, and overall behavioral characteristics of the production services you own. You will have the responsibility to ensure that services are delivered to be mission critical with focus on security, resiliency, scale, and performance.
Operations Engineering - You will understand and be able to communicate the scale, capacity, security, performance attributes and requirements of the services you own. You are a Subject Matter Expert, able to understand and communicate every characteristic of your service stack, such as:
* Degradation and behavior under load of the services and their dependencies
* End-to-end tuning needs, optimizing resource utilization, as load patterns fluctuate
* Instrumentation and metrics that clearly describe the service behaviors
* Scaling requirements and patterns
* Resiliency and recoverability, ensuring that backup / restore and disaster recovery capabilities are implemented, tested and maintained
Automation - You will have a clear understanding of automation and orchestration principles, and will be eager to automate, wherever and whenever the possibility arises, while simultaneously eliminating technical debt. Automation must be part of your DNA.
Prevention - Once you have expertly resolved an issue, you will immediately work on how to more quickly resolve the problem next time, with the goal to eventually prevent the problem happening ever again.
Technical Experts - As service owner, you are the ultimate escalation point for complex or critical issues that have not yet been documented as SOPs for Level1 staff. You will usually get called in during major incidents as an SME, when the source of a problem is unclear. You will have the deep understanding of service topology and their dependencies required to troubleshoot issues and define mitigations.
What You Need to Have
A BS or MS in Compute Science, or equivalent. 10 or more years of experience in related field.
This is an architect level position. The applicant should have expert level knowledge as Oracle APPS DBA that includes experience in
* Performance tuning, back recovery, install, patch, upgrade Oracle Database.
* Install, patch, upgrade, refresh EBS release 12.
* Excellent experience in SOA, FMW implementations.
* Fusion APPS.
* Dataguard, disaster recovery setups
* Implementations on Exa* platforms
* Very good understanding of network, load balancer setups for ERP implementations.
* Excellent skills in the working on EM for monitoring and performance monitoring and troubleshooting.
* Excellent skill in RAC databases.
* Candidate should be capable of working in highly stressful situations, capable of original thinking and teamwork.
* Server hardware configuration
* Networking and TCP/IP
* Standard Internet services, such as DNS, HTTP, etc.
* Scripting languages, such as Python, Ruby, Bash, etc.
* Monitoring and Instrumentation
* DevOps toolchain
* Cloud computing patterns
* IT Security and compliance
* Most importantly, the aptitude to be a good team player and the willingness to learn and implement new Cloud technologies as needed
* Methodical approach to troubleshooting complex problems
* Candidate should have strong inter-personal and communication skills and be capable of working with Oracle customers, and managing customer expectations.
* Should lead projects that involves multiple teams and customer from start to finish.
Oracle is a company providing integrated cloud applications and platform services.