What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies - building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the "extra mile" to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
The Network Security Engineer will be responsible for identifying, defining the requirements and engineering different solutions to solve the existing threats and security issues of a global organization.
The ideal candidate will possess strong multi-tasking skills and enthusiasm for details and should think one step ahead of cybercriminals. They should be well prepared to thrive in a fast-paced environment, possessing strong interpersonal and communication skills.
The Network Security Engineer responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Building and growing AMD's network security capabilities to keep our cloud, network and datacenter infrastructure safe, secure and available.
* Identifying, monitoring, and defining the requirements of the overall security of the enterprise network
* Implementing hardware and software solutions to help mitigate a wide variety of network attacks
* Collaborating with Network and other IT teams to align initiatives across the company.
IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
* 5+ years of experience as a Network Security Engineer.
* 5+ years of In-depth, hands-on experience working with Network & Network Security technologies, including IP routing / routing protocols ( i.e. BGP, OSPF), Firewalls (Palo Alto, Cisco, Juniper), Akamai WAF, IPsec and SSL VPN and understanding of broader security related technologies.
* Solid understanding of network security, including network security procedures, security protocols, security devices, appliances and software
* 5+ years of hands on experience with ACLs, Firewalls, Intrusion Prevention Systems (IPS) and Network Access Control (NAC)
* Strong knowledge and experience with routing protocols, firewall and load balancing functions and products. Configuration-level experience with routers, firewalls and load balancers from multiple vendors.
* Knowledge of cloud provider networking and routing technologies (Azure, Amazon, Google)
* Preferred: PNSE, CCIE, CCNP, JNCIE, CCSE/CCSA, CISSP, CISA, CISM certification(s).
* Strong knowledge with application, server, and network monitoring solutions.
* Understanding of NIST Cyber Security Framework standard and requirements and ability to apply them to an enterprise environment.
* Experience with infrastructure operations and processes associated with IT service management in an Enterprise-level organization.
* Experience as a customer-facing technical lead, including working with both management-level and development teams.
* Strategic thinking and a demonstrated ability to provide and articulate architecture future visions.
* Self-motivated and proven ability to deliver end-to-end solutions in a high-tech and fast moving industry.
Requisition Number: 71317
Country: United States State: Texas City: Austin
Job Function: Information Technology
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. AMD and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. We consider candidates regardless of age, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third party affiliation, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status. Please click here for more information.
Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) is a semiconductor company that designs and develops graphics, processors, and media solutions for commercial and consumer markets.