What if you were empowered to solve the most complex problems nonprofits and higher education face today? What if you had the best social and mobile cloud technology stack to achieve that goal? What if you could work for a company that believes that top line growth is as important as giving back to the community? What if you could work alongside the best and brightest in the industry to craft innovative solutions and transformational strategies? All this in a driven, collaborative and rewarding environment... Sounds like fiction, you say? Absolutely not! Here at the Salesforce.org, we call it #DreamJob!
Salesforce.org is committed to and focused on increasing the efficiency of the global social sector. To achieve this goal, we are building a social enterprise to deliver Salesforce's world-class CRM and technology platform solutions to the higher education & non-profit markets. We're looking for exceptional candidates to join the Salesforce.org Solution Engineering team as a Solution Architect. If you possess intellectual curiosity, great problem-solving skills and an unwavering belief that the right technology can solve any problem then you are the ideal candidate for the job.
A successful Solution Architect has strong technical experience and enjoys designing transformational solutions and working directly with customers to meet their business needs. They are a passionate CRM consultant and believe in modernizing CRM by transforming Customers to the Salesforce platform. They will have responsibility for creating/sharing/collaborating on materials to support sales and delivery, a deep understanding of other competitive offerings and insight as to where the market is headed across all aspects of CRM Transformation.
The Solution Architect is responsible for aligning the solution strategy of our cloud-based solutions and technologies with our nonprofit and higher education customers. These technologies include--but are not necessarily limited to Salesforce.com App Cloud, Force.com and Database.com APIs, Apex/Visualforce, Heroku, Identity, integration, and mobile development technologies. This role is pivotal in driving internal and external awareness of our enterprise security and service delivery technology. A candidate fitting this role will also maintain an ongoing comprehensive understanding of the cloud computing ecosystem and supporting technologies.
The Solution Architect will act as a domain expert to sales teams on the Salesforce platform and how it fits into an enterprise IT architecture. With a broad IT background, the Solution Architect will be comfortable discussing and demonstrating all aspects of the Salesforce platform including hosting infrastructure, security, integration, and declarative/programmatic extensions to IT audiences up to CIO/CTO level. With a strong blend of technical and sales skills, the Solution Architect uses a consultative approach to understand business and technical requirements and to help the sales teams develop and refine a technical sales strategy and Salesforce solution fit. The Solution Architect will also participate in the delivery of the product and best practices educational sessions to existing customers and the broader Platform as a Service market.
Typical day in the life:
* Advise CIO/CTO level contacts and their IT teams as they look to move their business to a cloud architecture
* Present Salesforce technology infrastructure, including demonstrating deep familiarity with company's hosting infrastructure, security and integration capabilities
* Understand the customer need and establish company's product as the best solution that addresses the technical and business requirements
* Build and present customized demos using the declarative and programmatic capabilities of the Platform
* Conduct technical workshops and education sessions
* Manage customer technical due diligence and risk management processes
* Work closely with other elements of the Salesforce organization, e.g. alliances, sales effectiveness, product marketing, etc. to develop and execute internal and external programs and initiatives
* Assist sales teams in responses to RFPs and technical requirements documents
* Provide regular technical enablement to cross-functional roles in the Salesforce.org organization
* Participate in all appropriate product, sales, and procedural training and certification to acquire and maintain the knowledge necessary to be effective in the position
* Attain quarterly and annual objectives assigned by management
* B.S. Computer Science, Software Engineering, MIS
* Understanding of the Salesforce Clouds and how they can help customers accelerate mission attainment
* A good understanding of the architectural principles of web-based platforms including SaaS, multi-tenancy, multi-tiered infrastructure and application servers
* Understanding of all cloud offerings in the market and ability to discuss cloud architectures
* A good understanding of enterprise application integration, including SOA, ESB, EAI, ETL environments and an understanding of integration considerations such as process orchestration, customer data integration, and master data management
* A good understanding of the security processes, standards & issues involved in multi-tier, multi-tenant web applications
* Architectural and development experience of Web Services
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Salesforce is a cloud computing company that develops CRM solutions and provides business software on a subscription basis.