Job CategoryProgram/Project Management (Non Technical)
About the Role
The R&D localization team is responsible for localization of our suite of products and all related content. The team is embedded within R&D and works collaboratively with developers, product managers, and usability experts to make the Salesforce application easier to use.
As a program manager on the Localization team, you'll work with engineers, a range of product teams, and members of the Localization team to ensure scalable, efficient, timely, and on-budget localization processes. You will use these processes to help ensure that your ongoing localization releases deliver the highest-possible quality user experience for our international customers. You will be on the constant lookout for ways to improve your localization processes, automating repeated tasks, building and streamlining workflows, simplifying handoffs and deliveries, and ensuring that localization scales with future demands. You are collaborative and team-oriented, willing and able to support a growing and dynamic localization team. You have a positive approach to problem-solving and are not afraid to get your hands dirty in more technical issues, asking for engineering support as you need it. You have the flexibility and versatility to adapt to the challenges of a growing company with a diverse product set.
* Work with other members of the localization team to continually improve existing product localization and delivery, with a focus on upstream ease of development
* Support your assigned product team(s) to ensure that all releases are executed in an efficient and timely manner, and that all of the international customers get the best possible user experience in their language
* Innovate and streamline the existing localization processes and automate wherever and whenever it makes sense to do so
* Expand the capabilities of the current localization processes by looking into creative ways to troubleshoot bugs, prioritize content types, and uncover ways to localize currently unlocalized content
* Be the user: champion the international users, gain a deep-level understanding of their path through the product UI and content, and identify opportunities for improvement that can drive deeper customer engagement
* Evangelize, document, and teach all relevant aspects of the localization process to your assigned product, engineering, content, and design team(s) to make sure you are all on the same page and that they think of localization from the start, whenever they work on new features or changes to existing features, code, designs, and content
* Ensure smooth and scalable localization handoffs and deliveries with the localization vendor and maintain regular communications with them to ensure that both sides are set up for success on an ongoing basis
* Collaborate with globalization engineers to create innovative and cool ways to automate localization processes and ensure high-quality localized user interfaces in all supported languages.
* Manage all assigned technical localization projects, including content, UI localization, testing or similar
* Manage the QA process for your assigned product launches, perform bug fixing/troubleshooting, and look for ways to scale it all out
* Document your localization workflows and maintain an open communications channel with other localization team members so as to share ideas, best practices, and tools.
* 5+ years of hands-on localization project/program management experience, together with a degree/diploma in a field related to language, management, localization, or technology, or equivalent experience
* Experience with source control systems (such as Perforce and git), content management systems, and workflow systems
* Strong technical understanding of localization and internationalization
* Experience working with various common file types (XML, DITA, HTML, .json, .md, XLIFF)
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Proven ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
* Knowledge of at least one major non-English language
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Salesforce is a cloud computing company that develops CRM solutions and provides business software on a subscription basis.