Salesforce's Content Experience team is one of the best in the industry, with some of the most talented technical writers on the planet. Our writers create the most fun, engaging, and useful enterprise software docs you've ever seen. Whether it's an in-app feature callout or online help topic, Trailhead quiz or personalized release notes, embedded video or interactive API explorer-we want to give our users engaging learning experiences that increase adoption of our products, deflect support cases, and ultimately make our customers wildly successful.
That's where we, the Content Experience Engineering team, come in: we build mechanisms, systems, and processes that bring Salesforce content to the next level. We're constantly looking for new and better ways to get our users the info they need when and where they need it-and are equally serious about having fun with it. That means asking questions like:
"How can we make Salesforce content personalized and interactive?"
"How can we make learning fun and engaging without being annoying?"
"How can we create a unified learning experience across all parts of Salesforce?"
We're looking for a product management leader who understands how people learn and can help us envision and build the future of content delivery at Salesforce.
Come join us if you are:
* Passionate about content, and can turn that passion into a vision and roadmap. You're thoughtful and understand the dynamics of a content ecosystem.
* Obsessively focused on the customer, with an eye for great design and a reliance on data to make decisions.
* A thought leader who isn't afraid to experiment with new ideas while ensuring we get the basics right.
* An inclusive collaborator who values the native genius of every team member, regardless of title, and who can drive forward innovations that require close partnerships with other product teams and organizations.
* An engaging communicator who can inspire and influence others.
* Detail-oriented and organized, with a strong ability to set up processes and rigorously define requirements.
* An excellent juggler who can handle multiple tasks, projects, and initiatives at the same time while also keeping a great attitude.
* Own the content delivery vision and roadmap, which encompasses in-app assistance and how we host our help, dev docs, release notes, and mobile content. Align that vision with internal and external partner teams, such as product and tools engineering, support, developer relations, IT, Trailhead, and marketing.
* Engage directly with customers to ensure our content delivery mechanisms help them reach their goals.
* Promote, evangelize, and support the content delivery roadmap across a wide spectrum of audiences, including developers, partner product teams, executives, impacted customers, and our in-house team of 200+ technical writers.
* Conduct release planning, define epics, user stories, and acceptance criteria, and oversee feature development.
* Manage project ambiguity, complexity, and interdependencies in an organized and structured way.
* 3+ years of product management experience, preferably at an enterprise software company.
* Understanding of how a content ecosystem meets the needs of different audiences within different contexts (e.g., developer reference, discovery prompt, getting started training, how-to info, etc.).
* Prior experience working closely with engineers and designers to build great experiences-that adhere to usability principles and best practices-in an agile development environment.
* Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority.
* Proven ability to create assets for new product ideas and marketing events: functional designs, wireframes, product demonstrations, and proof of concepts.
* Ability to prioritize and politely say "No" to a litany of good ideas that are distracting your team from working on great ideas.
* Bachelor's degree.
Nice to Haves:
* Direct product management experience with content deployment to one or more web portals or other publication points, including localized versions and multiple release versions.
* Experience working with a design system (components, standards, patterns, etc.).
* Direct experience working in or with technical writing teams.
* Working knowledge of content production technologies (like DITA or Markdown), authoring tools, and version control systems.
* Cloud computing or SaaS experience.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Salesforce is a cloud computing company that develops CRM solutions and provides business software on a subscription basis.