Working at the intersection of software, hardware, and molecular science, we are committed to delivering on the promise of 3D printing, enabling commercial customers to go beyond basic prototyping to manufacturing. Our company is built on the idea that diverse fields of study must come together to solve intractable problems. We have grand ambitions to create technology that will influence industry around the world.
We are looking for our first ever, Platform Engineering Manager to oversee a small but incredibly strong team of back end and devops software team that works primarily in C++ and some Python.
Responsibilities will include task planning, hold code and design reviews, define high level architecture, review and approve the detailed designs. Work closely with stakeholders to provide status, iterative releases, and make design throughout the development.
You will be joining a diverse team with a vibrant culture, where team success is as important as celebrating individual contributions.
* 3 years of hands-on technical leadership and people management experience
* Experience in scaling, performance, and system-level software development
* Hands -on programming experience within C++ and Python
* Collaborate with other leaders, Product Managers, and sometimes with our customers
* BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science or related technical discipline, or equivalent practical experience
Carbon is an equal opportunity employer.
Carbon team members enjoy working in a newly renovated R&D facility, a short walk from the Redwood City CalTrain station and downtown. Our tight-knit team works collaboratively in our open space and in our onsite labs, learning together through our entrepreneurship guest speaker series, and bonds together through fun engineering problems, catered meals, offsite events, and activities.
Carbon works at the intersection of hardware, software and molecular science.