Working on the intersection of hardware, software, and molecular science, we are committed to delivering on the promise of 3D printing, enabling commercial customers to go beyond basic prototyping to 3D manufacturing.
Our company is built on the idea that when diverse fields of study come together, we are able to solve challenging problems. We are making the impossible possible. We have grand dreams to build technology that will influence industries around the world. You will be joining a diverse team with a dynamic culture, where team success is as important as celebrating individual contributions.
Our verticals include Dental, Life Sciences, Automotive, and Consumer Products and we are positively impacting society in the most sustainable and mission driven way.
Carbon is looking to hire an amazing engineer to help build our customer - facing software, primarily focused on a single-page browser application that enables users to visualize, manipulate, and print complex 3D digital models. You would be working on modern technologies, using interesting algorithms and data structures not normally seen in your typical "front end" Web apps.
Depending on your interests, you'd also get to work on complementary back-end technologies in different languages, both on single-machine and cloud configurations.
* Mentor junior software staff, identify and communicate best practices for front-end engineering
* Work closely with other engineers, product management, and UX/ UI to design to function efficiently and effectively as a small team
* Collaborate with leadership, participate in code reviews and design decisions
* Work on our customer facing single page application that helps user prepare 3D digital models and send them to the printer
* Push the limits of browser performance to provide a great user experience. We render and process models with millions of triangles under a second
* Want to be a productive coder and that your primary function is hands on software development
* Solid and demonstrable experience within modern front-end framework - we utilize React
* BS or MS degree in Computer Science or equivalent
Nice to have
* Love working with Three.js, and Typescript
Carbon is an equal opportunity employer.
Carbon team members enjoy working in a newly renovated R&D facility. Our tight-knit team works collaboratively in our open space and in our onsite labs, learns together through our entrepreneurship guest speaker series, and bonds over fun engineering problems, catered meals, offsite events, and activities.
Carbon (formerly known as Carbon3D) is a provider of a digital manufacturing platform that allows companies to reinvent their polymeric products from design to production.