The Madison Square Garden Company
Role SummaryMSG Ventures is a small team of technologists helping to push the boundaries of live, shared, connected entertainment experiences. We are bringing the worlds of cinema, theater, performance, gaming, and sports into the future by creating new technologies for the production, distribution, and display of new forms of media. The Pipeline Engineer role at MSG Ventures is responsible for designing and implementing tools and infrastructure which empower artists to create immersive media. This includes the evaluation and testing of existing commercial tools as well as the creation of new ones. Specific Functions/Activities Summary
* Identify, test and deploy solutions for creative tools to provide high-resolution immersive video editing, color grading, graphics, audio production, encoding, and delivery.
* Identify, test and deploy solutions for workflow tools to provide asset management, version control, and task progress.
* Develop custom tools (plugins, scripts and other utilities) to augment third-party solutions as needed.
* Deploy solutions to creative teams, listen to feedback, and adjust tools to continually optimize the artist workflow.
* Evolve a growing render infrastructure to support hybrid CPU/GPU and on-prem/cloud workflows.
* Implement systems for the gathering of analytics and metrics on the datacenter, providing reports to inform growth and change in hardware infrastructure.
* Work closely with users of the pipeline to maximize their creativity and efficiency.
* Author and maintain documentation for creative teams, engineers and others.
* Degree in relevant field and/or equivalent experience
* 3+ years experience in similar role
* Experience with existing workflow tools such as Deadline, Shotgun, ftrack, Perforce, etc
* Experience working with high-resolution captured media, 360-degree stitching, VFX and mastering tools
* Experience with tools such as Office, G Suite, Confluence, Jira, VNC, VMWare, etc
* Experience working in Windows and Linux environments
* Proven ability to understand and integrate existing systems/tools (both third-party and proprietary) as needed
* Self-motivated with excellent problem solving skills
* Ability to communicate well with artists, producers, engineers and project managers
* Detail oriented with a strong ability to multi-task
EducationCandidates who have completed 60 credits of college-level coursework (representing 2 years), or have shown similar self-development through certifications, trade school coursework, etc. are preferred. EEO StatementAt MSG we value diversity and are looking for extraordinary employees of all backgrounds! MSG is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, citizenship, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, MSG complies with all applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in all locations.
About The Madison Square Garden Company
The Madison Square Garden Company is a live sports and entertainment provider.