The Madison Square Garden Company
The Madison Square Garden Company (MSG) is a world leader in live sports and entertainment experiences. The company presents or hosts a broad array of premier events in its diverse collection of iconic venues: New York's Madison Square Garden, Hulu Theater at Madison Square Garden, Radio City Music Hall and Beacon Theatre; the Forum in Inglewood, CA; and The Chicago Theatre. Other MSG properties include legendary sports franchises: the New York Knicks (NBA) and the New York Rangers (NHL); two development league teams - the Westchester Knicks (NBAGL) and the Hartford Wolf Pack (AHL); and esports teams through Counter Logic Gaming, a leading North American esports organization, and Knicks Gaming, MSG's NBA 2K League franchise. In addition, the Company features the popular original production - the Christmas Spectacular Starring the Radio City Rockettes - and through Boston Calling Events, produces New England's preeminent Boston Calling Music Festival. Also under the MSG umbrella is TAO Group, a world-class hospitality group with globally-recognized entertainment dining and nightlife brands: Tao, Marquee, Lavo, Avenue, Beauty & Essex and Vandal. More information is available at www.themadisonsquaregardencompany.com
Role SummaryThe Systems Manager will help to hire and guide a dynamic, collaborative team of engineers, scope and plan projects, and define production processes. They must be able to effectively manage engineers of all levels and focus efforts for all initiatives, installations, products, and internal toolsets. Specific Functions/Activities Summary
* Provides leadership to Systems engineering staff, including project assignments, oversight, and career development.
* Manages production hardware and technical infrastructure engineering activities, including high-level architecture, scoping, timeline planning, creative problem solving and technology conflict resolution, future-proofing, ongoing project oversight and work guidance.
* Collaborates with other department heads and project managers to ensure the technical and infrastructure needs of each project are met and development timelines are fully defined and efficiently designed.
* Creates and maintains interdepartmental working methods, data and asset transfer pipelines, and open communication channels to create efficiencies in production, including specification and development of internal tools.
* Creates and refines documentation standards for functional and technical specifications.
* Oversees development of hardware quality assurance test battery and documentation.
* Responsible for final review of production Systems budgets and resource allocation.
* Maintains broad technical knowledge, assessing new technologies, hardware and technology possibilities. Assigns necessary testing to vet project technology options.
* Degree in relevant field or equivalent experience
* 3-5 years of experience managing hardware-focused technical teams
* A demonstrated track record of gaining trust and respect by consistently demonstrating sound creative, strategic, and analytical thinking skills, while maintaining composure in stressful situations
* Experience with modern systems architecture, with a focus on high-performance compute, networking, storage, and graphics
* Experience with a range of display products, including projection, LED, and LCD
* Experience with tools such as Office, G Suite, Confluence, Jira, etc.
* General Windows and Linux knowledge
EducationCandidates who have completed 60 credits of college-level coursework (representing 2 years), or have shown similar self-development through certifications, trade school coursework, etc. are preferred. Educational requirements may differ from job to job based on the role. EEO StatementAt MSG we value diversity and are looking for extraordinary employees of all backgrounds! MSG is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, sexual and reproductive health choices, national origin, citizenship, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, MSG complies with all applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in all locations.
About The Madison Square Garden Company
The Madison Square Garden Company is a live sports and entertainment provider.