The Systems Architecture Design and Integration Directorate (SADID) is the central focus for Mission Systems Integration activities within Raytheon's Integrated Defense Systems (IDS). SADID provides system level design through requirements definition in a collaborative environment which is characterized by respect for the individual, problem solving in a team setting, consensus oriented solutions, and results based recognition. Supporting this mission are teams providing solutions in surveillance, naval and missile defense based radar system design, sonar and undersea sensor system design, integrated air and missile defense systems engineering, command and control/battle management system design, combat system and platform architecture design and integration, and simulation modeling research and development. SADID employees are responsible for modeling and simulation efforts, system effectiveness and operational analysis, system design and algorithm development.
SADID's core capabilities encompass a wide range of the key systems engineering competencies required for successful technical development and program execution. Our capabilities cover the entire lifecycle, including business capture, proposal development, system requirements development and technical design, as well as system integration and test support.
This position can be a Salary Grade G09 or G10 based on the candidate's qualifications as they relate to the skills, experience and responsibility requirements for the position.
SADID is seeking engineering professionals for full time Engineering Physics positions with the Maritime Systems (MS) Team in McLean, VA. This team supports IDS Advanced Technology Programs (ATP) contract R&D programs in support of IDS technology objectives, primarily through investigation of non-acoustic sensor technologies that span the electromagnetic spectrum.
* Perform Engineering Physics tasks related to:
* Sensor System/Architecture Requirements Definition and Analysis
* Sensor Systems Engineering Studies/Trades to determine solutions to technical issues
* Algorithm Development
* Sensor Data Collection and Analysis
* Working in coordination with the Program Office to interact with customer and end-user representatives in developing sensor/system requirements and project work plans
* Making key contributions in conceptualizing and capturing (bids/proposals) new product development opportunities
* Bachelor's Degree and 5(+) years of experience, or an MS degree with 2(+) years of experience, in Engineering, Physics, Mathematics, or related discipline
* Experience in one or more of the following areas: remote sensing with non-acoustic sensors, sensor modeling and simulation, statistical detection & estimation theory, signal/image processing & analysis
* Experience in MATLAB programming
* Demonstrated consistency, accountability and flexibility managing multiple and competing priorities
* Proven ability to lead technical solutions to complex user requirements
* Excellent communication, technical writing, oral presentation, and interpersonal skills
* Active DoD Top Secret (TS) Security Clearance (U.S. Citizenship status is required)
* Ph.D. in Engineering, Physics, Mathematics or related discipline
* Experience in one or more of the following areas: ocean physics, geophysics, operations analysis, RF hardware covering areas from devices to antennas, anomaly detection, Bayesian inferencing
* Experience in C/C++ and/or Fortran
* Experience with standard electromagnetic modeling codes (EIGER, NEC-4, FEKO)
* Familiarity with Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (C4ISR) systems
* Active TS//SCI
* Demonstrated ability to build and shape work and teams through a collaborative and effective partnership
Required Education (including Major):
* Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Physics, Mathematics or related discipline.
This position requires a U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
Keywords: remote sensing, non-acoustic sensors, sensor modeling, simulation, statistical detection, estimation theory, signal processing, image processing, analysis
138990 Business Unit Profile
Headquartered in Tewksbury, Massachusetts, IDS has 32 locations around the world. Its broad portfolio of weapons, sensors and integration systems supports its customer base across multiple mission areas, including air and missile defense systems; missile defense radars; early warning radars; naval ship operating systems; C5ITM products and services; and other advanced technologies. IDS provides affordable, integrated solutions to a broad international and domestic customer base, including the U.S. Missile Defense Agency, the U.S. Armed Forces and the Department of Homeland Security.
Integration & Test Engineering
Type Of Job
VA - McLean
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.