Raytheon is a technology and innovation leader specializing in defense, homeland security, intelligence and other government markets throughout the world. With a history of innovation, Raytheon Intelligence, Information, & Services (IIS) provides state-of-the-art electronics, cyber capabilities, mission systems integration and other capabilities in the areas of sensing, effects, and command, control, communications & intelligence systems, as well as a broad range of mission support services.
Raytheon Mission Technologies is seeking a full stack web developer to be an integral part of a Java Web Application development team to support both products and customer programs in Herndon, VA. The full stack software engineer will work within an agile development organization and be accountable for refining software requirements, providing development estimates, designing and implementing software and managing timeline commitments. The engineer will be responsible for:
* Work as an integral part of a cross-functional engineering team.
* Participate in the technical design and development of new features and products.
* Maintain and support existing features and products.
* Participate in code reviews and other techniques to improve code quality.
* Investigate and resolve support issues.
* Ensure automated builds and continuous integration are working at all times.
* Contributing to technical documentation and training material.
* Contributing to the continual improvement of the product and development processes.
* Participating in software development process following agile model.
Raytheon employs individuals who have a creative and forward thinking approach to product development. If you enjoy an environment that encourages a technical curiosity, a readiness to learn and a desire to grow professionally, we would like to talk with you.
* US Citizen with eligibility for USG Security Clearance
* Solid resume experience with developing RESTful web applications using responsive frameworks such as Angular JS, Require JS.
* Experience with GIS mapping and visualization libraries such as Leaflet, D3
* Experience with software development tools and frameworks
* Must be detail-oriented, organized, and able to work well in a team environment as well as independently with little day-to-day guidance at times
* Must possess strong communication skills, both written and verbal
* Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science or related field
Preferred Additional Experience and Skills:
* Active TS/SCI Security Clearance
* Experience with Material Design, style frameworks such as CSS, LESS
* Experience with large systems software design and implementation
* Experience in creating or working with VMs and container technologies
* Experience with continuous integration unit testing, and automated testing
* Experience with agile methodologies, iterative development, and refactor design as requirements evolve
137845 Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated $6.1 billion in 2017 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
None / Not Required
Integration & Test Engineering
Type Of Job
VA - Herndon
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.