Raytheon IIS/GIS provides Operations and Maintenance support for the Intelligence Community
Bring your talent and skills to the IIS team! Raytheon's Intelligence Information Systems is focused on providing Operations, Maintenance and Engineering (OM&E) support to our proprietary customer providing Command and Control functions for a satellite ground station.
Key areas of focus include satellite Flight Operations, Mission Planning, Vehicle Operations and Engineering, and Ground systems Engineering. IIS has experience in the entire spectrum of satellite OM&E and uses this expertise to ensure that all aspects of satellite operational objectives are successfully met.
Engineers are needed to participate in the exciting field of satellite operations and maintenance, in one of IIS' most important programs. Join a team of world-class engineering professionals to operate the newest generation of satellites and be part of an innovative team leading the industry to operate and maintain our nations satellites. This is working in a fast paced 24/7 operations environment doing perhaps one of the most rewarding and exciting areas of satellite development. The O&M team is responsible for all aspects of operations from the ever changing world of tasking requirements to the actual commanding of individual satellites, determining and solving the most challenging problems, and the exciting knowledge that what you do makes a difference to our countries future. After completion of intensive training, you will become a part of team that is integral to our nations security. If you think that you would want to be a part of the fast paced atmosphere that permeates the world of satellite operations then maybe you could be an Engineer working in the world of Mission Operations Support.
* Support operations and test activities
* Learn and assist in execution of real-time command and control activities, and monitor satellite and ground system telemetry.
* Report and document anomalous performance and interact with other team members to validate operational requirements performance.
* Participate in operational planning and training, complete the required training and maintain certification.
* This position is an integral part of a 24-hour per day, 7-days a week operations team
* Availability for call-in is required
* Rotating shift work is required
* Availability to work overtime is required
* Demonstrated experience with executing assigned tasks to meet technical objectives.
* Experience performing work successfully in a collaborative environment with other organizational domains.
* The ability to train peers in the operation of highly sophisticated computer programs
* Proficiency in Windows and/or UNIX platform
* Ability to obtain a TS/SCI Security Clearance prior to starting with the company
This position requires a U.S. Person.
* Experience in identifying anomalous system performance
* Bachelor's Degree in Aerospace, Mechanical, Systems, or other related Engineering, or BS in Physics with emphasis on orbital mechanics
* Must have a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher. (Please include your GPA on your resume.)
This position requires the ability to obtain a government security clearance. Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
142905BR 142905 Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation and training solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated $6.2 billion in 2018 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
TS/SCI with CI Poly
Type Of Job
VA - Springfield
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.