Chevron is one of the world's leading energy companies, with approximately 48,000 employees working in countries around the world. We explore, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market and distribute fuels and other energy products; manufacture and sell petrochemical products; generate power; and develop future energy resources.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Physical Security System Specialist located in San Ramon, CA through July 11, 2019 at 11:59 (Eastern Standard Time).
Global Security is charged with providing high-quality, cost-competitive and reliable services with operational excellence. The organization is committed to supporting its diverse customers and achieving their respective business objectives through the delivery of programs designed to protect Chevron's people and assets, thus creating superior value to Chevron stakeholders, customers, partners, employees and the countries in which we operate. Outstanding individual and collective performance of the Global Security organization will help the Corporation achieve its vision - to be the global energy company most admired for its people, partnerships and performance.
The Physical Security System Specialist is responsible for providing evergreen support for the enterprise access control system (Lenel - OnGuard), intrusion, video management, visitor management and Stancil Audio recorder system by maintaining the integrity of the system and troubleshoot facility specific system issues.
Responsibilities for the position may include but not limited to:
* Coordinating activities necessary to ensure facilities and projects follow corporate and departmental security standards, Corporate Audit, Operational Excellence, Information Protection, Sarbanes-Oxley and PKI requirements.
* Partnering with Facility Managers and Facility Security Officers to ensure local requirements are incorporated into standardized security solutions.
* Responsible for meeting with clients to determine their system business needs.
* Monitor and maintain system health which includes performing annually Security Hardware Assessments and working with the facilities to address/mitigate electronic or physical security issues.
* Must inspect, analyze, and evaluate security systems, both remotely and in person.
* Determine, by appropriate tests or otherwise, if the system is providing adequate protection; assess the adequacy of inventory and management of control systems; recommend appropriate corrective actions where security requirements are not being observed; and make necessary adjustments in the physical security system as needed.
* Provide field support for troubleshooting of security issues or outages.
* Ability Training and support access control system end users: individually, in classroom settings, and in monthly user group teleconferences.
* Maintaining functional and technical requirements for Security Solutions, including Access Control Hardware, Security Cameras, Network Video Recorders (NVR's) and all security related hardware/software.
* Perform final connection, commissioning and configuration of equipment for new projects.
* Responsible for reading and interpreting wiring diagrams, schematics, and blueprints.
* Responsible for monitoring and addressing service request, restorations or request for change (RFI) tickets daily.
* Collaborate and work with our dispatch services from our Global Security Operations Center (GSOC) for those facilities that are remotely monitored.
* Guide our customers to ensure global security standards are deployed, generate security drawings-as needed work with security integrators on installing, configuring and commissioning systems.
* High School diploma or equivalent.
* A minimum of 3 years of experience working with large facility access control systems (enterprise experience a plus).
* Technical experience in enterprise access control, surveillance, intrusion detection systems including: Lenel OnGuard version 7.2 or higher, Lenel/Mercury hardware, AXIS cameras, Stancil SLR audio recorders, or similar systems.
* Willingness and ability to travel up to 20% of the time regionally.
* Technical aptitude and problem-solving skills to troubleshoot and resolve system/equipment and physical door hardware issues.
* Experience with Low Voltage, Power, Relays, intelligent security controllers, sub-controllers (reader, input/output boards), Lock Strikes, Mag Locks and Door Statuses
* Ability to manage multiple projects and tasks at one time, meet deadlines, prioritize and work independently while producing quality work.
* Demonstrated ability to work independently, ability to build consensus and work collaboratively in multi-disciplinary environments; interact effectively with management, peers and suppliers.
* Demonstrated ability to build plans necessary for successful project execution.
* Demonstrated ability to identify and manage critical interdependencies and proactively resolve issues.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Ability to organize responsibilities of small projects involving multiple personnel, which includes regular engagements with customers and team members to discuss systems impact and management of change (MOC).
* Responsible, self-motivated, self-starter, personable and well-organized. Communication and interpersonal skills to interact with all levels of our diverse organization.
* Proficiency in the use of personal computers including such programs as MS Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Internet Explorer and Outlook, Visio
* Project planning, organizing and implementation skills.
* Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
* Lenel OnGuard version 7.2 or higher, or similar security access control systems, certifications for Access Control and Video Management Systems.
* Experience and understanding of Enterprise Access Control System architecture.
* ASIS Physical Security Professional (PSP) or Certified Protection Professional (CPP) certification.
* Knowledge with Alert Enterprise or similar products
Relocation will not be considered.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.
Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions:
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breast-feeding and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability (including medical condition), military or veteran status, political preference, marital status, citizenship, genetic information or other status protected by law or regulation.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
Chevron Corporation is an energy and technology company.