Chevron is one of the world's leading energy companies, with approximately 48,000 employees working in countries around the world. We explore, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market and distribute fuels and other energy products; manufacture and sell petrochemical products; generate power; and develop future energy resources.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of ITC - ITSD - NA Senior Network Engineer located at the El Segundo Refinery in El Segundo, CA through July 17, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time).
Here at Chevron, we take great pride in The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way explains who we are, what we believe, how we achieve and where we aspire to go. It establishes a common understanding not only for us, but for all who interact with us. The Chevron Way embodies diversity and inclusion, high performance, integrity and trust, partnership, and protecting people and the environment. Chevron offers flexible work schedules to provide work-family balance as well as strong safety based culture.
As part of Chevron's Global Network Asset (NA) team, you will be part of a group that provides global network capability that is aligned with business requirements and other key IT strategies; delivers business-driven capabilities reliably, securely and cost effectively; and maintains flexibility and capacity to support rapid growth and change within the enterprise.
Our network capabilities are leading the digital transport of all Chevron data. Along with accountability for design, consulting, operations, and field support for the Global Core(LAN/WAN) and Telephony, NA is growing capabilities in Industrial IT (PCN, IIoT), Cloud(transport?), Software Defined Networking(SDN), and Network Function Virtualization (NFV).
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
Experienced Network engineer to deploy, implement and support a variety of network solutions. The Engineer must be able to provide design, configuration, deployment and operational maintenance of network and transport technologies to ensure continuous availability of secured and reliable network services to both internal and external Chevron global customers. Act as mentor and provide technical leadership to other engineers as required. This position requires a high level of experience and CCNP certification or equivalent experience in Cisco technologies.
* Minimum of 10 years experience required in lieu of a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related field preferred
* Network Engineer must have strong expertise in enterprise business and datacenter networks and strong interpersonal skills to interface with business partners
* Network Engineer will be responsible for provisioning LAN/WAN/Wireless technologies in field offices and working with 3rd party circuit vendors
* Network Engineer will design and implement WAN sites using provider managed MPLS network and/or local microwave/RF for remote sites
* Network Engineer needs to have strong routing, Data Center Experience and will provide deployment and support for medium datacenter networks scattered across the field sites
* Engineer will assist major projects such as new site deployments, lifecycle upgrades, analysis of install base, compliance and operational activities
* Act as technical lead on projects when assigned
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related field preferred
* Candidate must have 7 years of enterprise design experience in Data Center Networking and large Complex WANs
* Candidate must have 3 years of enterprise design experience in large complex Extranet Networking
* Candidate must have a CCNP or equivalent skill set
Relocation may be considered.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions:
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Chevron Corporation is an energy and technology company.