JP Morgan Chase
Performance Software Engineer
Req #: 190057596
Location: Chicago, IL, US
Job Category: Technology
As an experienced member of our Software Engineering Group we look first and foremost for people who are passionate around solving business problems through innovation & engineering practices. You will be required to apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the software development lifecycle, as well as partner continuously with your many stakeholders on a daily basis to stay focused on common goals. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You'll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment-one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including
* BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
* Expertise in application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines
* Advanced knowledge of architecture, design across all systems
* Review application functionality and collaborate with development to determine performance testing requirements
* The successful candidate will work in the Corporate and Investment Bank Technology group as a Senior Performance Software Engineer. Candidate will be responsible for both hands on performance testing of the Global Payment Exchange (GPX) platform and collaborate closely with software engineer teams.
* Experience with Kibana, appmon, dynatrace, Splunk, JVM thread and Java Heap monitoring and analysis, SQL, jMeter, Blazemeter, Cucumber, Selenium, soapUI, LISA, CI/CD, Jenkins, Pipelines, swagger, agile, cloud, kubernetes, docker, Java, Shell, Python, ranorex, saucelabs, QTP, XML, JSON, Grafana, microservices, SRE practices, DevOps, retrace, geneos, KPIs, and config management.
* Test creation and maintenance, create test scripts for new functionality, review existing test scripts and scenarios, and identify areas for improvement
* Gain a working knowledge of the technical details of the system under test, learn to use all the tools available for monitoring the perf environment, review test executions to confirm that performance tests are valid and operating as expected, identify issues in the test execution, test data, performance environment that are impacting the test, identify the existence of response time and stability issue, engage the appropriate AD partners for issues
* Effectively collaborate with offshore team members
Our Corporate & Investment Bank relies on innovators like you to build and maintain the technology that helps us safely service the world's important corporations, governments and institutions. You'll develop solutions for a bank entrusted with holding $18 trillion of assets and $393 billion in deposits. CIB provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk, and extends liquidity in markets spanning over 100 countries around the world.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech companies. In 20 technology centers worldwide, our team of 50,000 technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $10B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will are transforming the financial services industry.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
About JP Morgan Chase
JP Morgan Chase & Co. is a global financial services provider that offers investment banking, asset management, treasury and other services.