Java Software Engineer
Req #: 190062332
Location: Chicago, IL, US
Job Category: Technology
As a member of our Software Engineering Group we look first and foremost for people who are passionate around solving business problems through innovation & engineering practices. You will be required to apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the software development lifecycle, as well as partner continuously with your many stakeholders on a daily basis to stay focused on common goals. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You'll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment-one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
* BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
* Expertise in application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines
* Advanced knowledge of architecture, design across all systems
* Proficiency in multiple modern programming languages: Java
* Knowledge of industry wide technology strategies and best practices
* Keen understanding of financial control and budget management
* Ability to work in large, collaborative teams to achieve organizational goals, and passionate about building an innovative culture
* Ability to create wireframes and run sessions to spur thought and creativity
* Experience developing with React, Angular, Node.js, bootstrap, Spring Boot, MyBatis
* Experience developing with one or more of the following DB systems, Oracle 11G or higher, Cassandra, Mongo DB, Hadoop or other big data solution
* Experience with XML and JSON
* Leadership, ability to foster a strong collaborative team environment with an everybody is a leader mentality
* Demonstrate a strong aptitude towards understanding customer and business needs
* Experience developing in a Lean, Agile, Test Driven Environment
* Experience with data streaming and web services, Kafka, Rest and Soap
* Naturally curious and willing to learn new technologies, always searching for better more efficient ways or improving
Candidate must have hands on knowledge of Java specifically Spring Boot/Hibernate and handling development activities in 3 tier architectures. The individual will develop new capabilities in the product, participate in scrum work as part of Agile development practices, remediate code issues and manage risk related issues. Candidate should be able to handle business queries, review functional requirements and infrastructure issues.
The position requires strong communication skills, as the person will be required to document and report status frequently to their manager and work with others to resolve any identified bugs in the product. The resource must also have good technical skills and understand the architecture of multi-tiered applications in order to diagnose technical issues based on test results.
Our Corporate & Investment Bank relies on innovators like you to build and maintain the technology that helps us safely service the world's important corporations, governments and institutions. You'll develop solutions for a bank entrusted with holding $18 trillion of assets and $393 billion in deposits. CIB provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk, and extends liquidity in markets spanning over 100 countries around the world.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech companies. In 20 technology centers worldwide, our team of 50,000 technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $10B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will are transforming the financial services industry.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
About JPMorgan Chase
JP Morgan Chase is a financial services provider that offers investment banking, asset management, treasury, and other services.