Jpmorgan Chase & Co.
Applications Support - You Invest, Asset & Wealth Management
Req #: 190038181
Location: Plano, TX, US
Job Category: Technology
The Asset and Wealth Management's Production & Infrastructure (AWMP&I) technology team develops and manages the suite of applications, infrastructure components and systems that support financial accounting, client reporting, business profitability analysis, information websites, investment engines, pricing databases, decision-making and data processing. The technologies and business applications we support and provide oversight for include business applications, data centers, servers, desktops, networks, communications systems, contingency sites and much more.
Asset and Wealth Management's Production & Infrastructure (AWMP&I) is comprised of a global management team who specialize in Production Support (Application Services Delivery), Technology Infrastructure Architecture and Engineering, Distributed Computing Infrastructure Support, End User Technology and Infrastructure Solutions Management.
You will become part of the Asset & Wealth Managements Trading Support Technology team supporting server applications with focus on application stability, improving application performance, automation, disaster recovery and other aspects of supporting real time trading applications. Order management systems are supported 24x7 and our responsibilities cover not only high volume production environments, but also UAT and QA environments, focusing on proper ticket tracking, incident follow-up.
Working in Application Support means you'll use both creative and critical thinking skills to maintain application systems that are crucial to the daily operations of the firm. You'll work collaboratively in teams on a wide range of projects based on your primary area of focus: design or programming. While learning to fix application and data issues as they arise, you'll also gain exposure to software development, testing, deployment, maintenance and improvement, in addition to production lifecycle methodologies and risk guidelines. Finally, you'll have the opportunity to develop professionally -and to grow your career in any direction you choose.
Other responsibilities include:
* Server application support for Midrange systems along with midrange systems.
* Real time application management along with nightly batch application stability.
* Software deployment to secured Production and UAT environments.
* Key contributor during application outages, assessing user and business impact and reporting to senior management via technical bridges.
* Assist with HADR/Sustained Resiliency testing assuring that these critical trading applications are compliant with firm and industry standards.
* Work as a team member on projects including data center moves, operating system upgrades, networking changes and assisting Development groups with their project deliverables.
* Problem Management and Root Cause Analysis for issues that impacted Production
* Work with third party automation and monitoring tools to assure system stability and proper escalation of potential issues
This role requires a wide variety of capabilities and strengths, including:
* OS Experience - iSeries - AS/400
* OS Familiarity with - Linux, Windows
* Programming Familiarity with - CLP, SQL, C, Java, python, Perl, Java Script
* Knowledge specific to iSeries - Application Support, System Performance, NDM, FTP, Disaster Recovery, Source Management, Release Management.
* Financial Industry Experience - FIX protocol
* Familiar with Automation, Load Balancers, Firewalls, Tomcat, Weblogic, IBM WebSphere.
* Good Linux understanding with Redhat 6.10 or higher
* Work well independently and be a self-learner
* Strong organization, analytical and problem solving skills
* Strong working knowledge of a global financial institution in terms of technology/infrastructure and their dependencies and requirements
* Must be able to be available to be part of an 'on-call' coverage team on select weekends.
* Knowledge of tools such as HP Service Manager, SharePoint and Microsoft Office
* Strong oral and written communication skills
* Technical background with knowledge of Automation & HADR concepts
Our Asset and Wealth Management division is driven by innovators like you who are driven to create technology solutions that make us work more efficiently and help our businesses grow. It's our mission to efficiently take care of our clients' wealth, helping them get, and remain properly invested. Across 27 cities, our team of 4,600 agile technologists thrive in a cloud-native environment that values continuous learning using a data-centric approach in developing innovative technology solutions.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech companies. In 20 technology centers worldwide, our team of 50,000 technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $10B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will are transforming the financial services industry.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
About Jpmorgan Chase & Co.
JP Morgan Chase is a financial services provider that offers investment banking, asset management, treasury, and other services.