JP Morgan Chase
Python Quantitative Engineer - for Cash Equities Trading
Req #: 190028891
Location: New York, NY, US
Job Category: Technology
Our Corporate & Investment Bank relies on innovators like you to build and maintain the technology that helps us safely service the world's important corporations, governments and institutions. You'll develop solutions for a bank entrusted with holding $18 trillion of assets and $393 billion in deposits. CIB provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk, and extends liquidity in markets spanning over 100 countries around the world.
As an experienced Software Engineer, your mission is to help lead our team of innovators and technologists toward creating next-level solutions that improve the way our business is run. Your deep knowledge of design, analytics, development, coding, testing and application programming will help your team raise their game, meeting your standards, as well as satisfying both business and functional requirements. Your expertise in various technology domains will be counted on to set strategic direction and solve complex and mission critical problems, internally and externally. Your quest to embracing leading-edge technologies and methodologies inspires your team to follow suit. And best of all, you'll be able to harness massive amounts of brainpower through our global network of technologists from around the world.
The Applied Trading Technology (ATT) team is an embedded front office technology team responsible for driving the development from - idea generation to production, implementation of analytics, data driven processes, automated trading, risk management tools and new electronic trading products for the Cash Equities business.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
* BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
* Required to have a strong programming background in Python, specifically using pandas and numpy, and experience with Q / KDB preferred.
* Ability to manipulate and analyse complex, large scale, high-dimensionality data from varying sources and great to have data engineering and data analytics background.
* Experience in high-touch or algorithmic trading, including market impact modelling, venue analysis, algo selection, micro structure, or central risk books preferred
* Experience in direct engagement with business stakeholders, and willing to learn and implement both, practical as well as the quantitative aspects of cash equities trading.
* Disciplined approach to code management, testing and deployment practices and high quality delivery
* Entrepreneurial spirit and passion for spreading a culture of change towards data-driven decision making
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
@2017 JPMorgan Chase & Co. JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran
About JP Morgan Chase
JP Morgan Chase & Co. is a global financial services provider that offers investment banking, asset management, treasury and other services.